PDA

View Full Version : b class bike

300exboy #15
04-27-2008, 07:17 AM
does anybody know wat the cheapest B class biike would b to build that would be in the top 5 finshing powerwise

JRP
04-27-2008, 08:39 AM
I would really have to say the LTR becasue you can race that stock and be competitive up to A class in the nationals.

racedad70
04-27-2008, 08:39 AM
LTR of corse!Duh:p

xtreme 250x
04-28-2008, 10:42 AM
um your asking a bunch of people that are LTR lovers which is the best to run I think you already know the answer you just want reasurance that LTR is the best bang for your buck I bought an 06 and love it

yfzmx10
04-28-2008, 11:02 AM
buy a pro bike at the end of the season and you won't have any problems. a new LTR will cost you 7- 8 grand. you could find a pro practice bike for that

JRP
04-28-2008, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by xtreme 250x
um your asking a bunch of people that are LTR lovers which is the best to run I think you already know the answer you just want reasurance that LTR is the best bang for your buck I bought an 06 and love it

well i run a full walsh/fox/dasa honda and a stock 08 ltr, and i personally like the egronomics of the suzuki better than the honda. Main reason why the honda is up forsale if anyone is interested:)

xtreme 250x
04-29-2008, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by yfzmx10
buy a pro bike at the end of the season and you won't have any problems. a new LTR will cost you 7- 8 grand. you could find a pro practice bike for that

The only Problem with this is sometimes not always you buy a bike from a pro and that bike is beet to hell and you still end up putting 3 to 4 grand in a bike that is beet to hell. This is my opinion from experence and alot of people talking about there experence. I am sure some people buy a pros and it is the best bike they ever owned just be carefull buying a used pro bike.

yfzmx10
04-29-2008, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by xtreme 250x
The only Problem with this is sometimes not always you buy a bike from a pro and that bike is beet to hell and you still end up putting 3 to 4 grand in a bike that is beet to hell. This is my opinion from experence and alot of people talking about there experence. I am sure some people buy a pros and it is the best bike they ever owned just be carefull buying a used pro bike.

who's bike did you buy? i think people should know if someone is selling junk.

300exboy #15
04-30-2008, 01:34 PM
im gana get eth ltr what should i do 2 it beside the cherry bomb and new pipe wat about supension just get it revalved

04-30-2008, 01:40 PM
Eww rebuilds on stock ltr shocks is really gay but you should get a gibson stick stabelizer and some rath nerfs or something like that. You are better off saving your money for a nice JB/FOX front end man lol. I know when I get a ltr I am getting a JB/fox front end they are sweet.

300exboy #15
04-30-2008, 02:00 PM
any thing else wat about internal mods 2 the engine and has anybody used the new gibson a-arms yet

racedad70
04-30-2008, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by 300exboy #15
im gana get eth ltr what should i do 2 it beside the cherry bomb and new pipe wat about supension just get it revalved

Yes revalved shocks will work fine.I know several guys that run the stock shocks re-sprung and valved.Hell I run them my self.(this is not gay as someone else said)Dont get me wrong a set of Fox floats would be nice,but until the funds are available they work great.As far as a stabilizer,I will say get one,you'll need it.The stick is ok but if all possible get one of the puck style stabilizers.Nerfs are a must,in my opinion Rath has the best.

300exboy #15
04-30-2008, 07:22 PM
i got the money for the shocks and wider a-arms any suggestions besides the jb/fox set up and is the stock axle any good either

04-30-2008, 07:30 PM
You should grow a set and go honda if you got the money man!

quadman 05400ex
05-01-2008, 09:25 AM
Yeah you go to a ****ing store and by a ****ing b class bike

300exboy #15
05-01-2008, 02:56 PM
wats wrong with the ltr

05-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by quadman 05400ex
Yeah you go to a ****ing store and by a ****ing b class bike

I have no idea who you are offending here but its ok and the ltrs are just idk they jump weird and the trx is so much better becuase you can get a 04 or 05 trx for like 3200 and then get a lt front end and rear end and some random crap like nerfs and wheels and still have under what you would have in a brand new ltr and plus ltrs are harder to find parts for and really aren't all that great as people say they are becuase they are too cheap to mod a trx or yfz.

exrider49
05-04-2008, 08:12 PM
hey roadridin450r, i never start problems on here but at the beginning of this thread you said you were gonna get a ltr and put a jb/fox front end on it...then you say grow balls and get a honda.. then you say ltr's jump all weird and you can build a honda for cheaper which is true but you dont how the maintenance was and if it has been beat..well whats wrong you dont got the nuts for your honda or your just a hypocrite..i mean from your sig. your honda is modded so why get a ltr i mean according to you there better..i just hate hypocrites

05-04-2008, 08:22 PM
Nah I like LTRs its just I would take a used modded out honda over one thats all. I would love a JB/Fox front end on a ltr and idk what made me say that jumping stuff I must of been really tired because the honda is the thing that sucks at jumping the rear end bucks like a mother. I am actually thinking about getting a ltr if honda doesn't make some changes this year and look at JRP he is doing 85 foot jumps on his stock LTR.

bmxican345
05-04-2008, 08:53 PM
im runnin a walsh/fox front end, stock axel, fox rear, and a stage 2 yosh motor (not really needed) and i doin pretty decent.. provided i dont be an idiot and/or crash, right now im 7th in 450b in atva

05-04-2008, 09:13 PM
Wow stock axle must be pretty good then.

bmxican345
05-05-2008, 04:54 AM
well the stocker for the ltr is already mx width, and they dont necessarily snap when the reach thier breaking point, rather they bend so you could at least finish a race on them. i found that its alot easier to race with a bent axel then to roam around the track lookin for one to put in within an hour haha

JRP
05-05-2008, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by RoadRidin450r
Nah I like LTRs its just I would take a used modded out honda over one thats all. I would love a JB/Fox front end on a ltr and idk what made me say that jumping stuff I must of been really tired because the honda is the thing that sucks at jumping the rear end bucks like a mother. I am actually thinking about getting a ltr if honda doesn't make some changes this year and look at JRP he is doing 85 foot jumps on his stock LTR.

;)
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/me1-16.jpg
[/IMG]
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/me3-12.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/me5-9.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/me6-9.jpg

05-05-2008, 05:23 AM
Haha yea just wanted to get my point across that a stock ltr must be really good. I haven't ridden one since last summer and it was a 06 but I am going to ride the same one this summer and make up my mind about it but I really liked the one I rode.

racedad70
05-05-2008, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by RoadRidin450r

From what Ive seen and the shootouts done,the LTR spanks the 450r in every catagory,and once you start doing mod for mod honda cant even compete.Like Ive always said the rider is 80% of a win..;)

quad59
05-05-2008, 07:12 AM
We've been running ltrs for two years and they are great bikes. Do the budget front end, fox floats with a set of replacement upper adjustables. Have your rear done by TCS. After get all the other crap bumpers,flexx, etc.. and hit the track.

Warnerade
05-14-2008, 06:34 PM
my fox/walsh 08 lt-r handles better than anything I have ever ridden. On the ground and in the air...

you can run a stock lt-r in b class no problem.....but in a class, your gonna need some upgrades.

bigbadbubba
05-24-2008, 08:47 AM
not to start a problem,
but you come on here, asking what the best b class bike is....

then once we give you the answer you say " after a cherry bomb what else?"

alright, if you really needed a b class bike you should already know what your ahead for. not to sound like an ***, but that question is asked everyday...... do some research, if your going into b class you already know how the game is played and know what to do. if your truly competitive eventually everything will be converted to after market.

get a ltr....good till a class, keep the stock suspention
get a cherry bomb or pcIII
get a pipe
get a stabilizer
get a stem if bars are to low
get a nice set of bars
get your shocks revalved/resprung
get a seat cover
get some rear beadlocks
get some nice front rims
get some nice tires
get a nice underbelly skid
get some asv's

there you go, thats more then any one needs in b class. and most of the stuff is just for comfort

05-24-2008, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by bigbadbubba
not to start a problem,
but you come on here, asking what the best b class bike is....

then once we give you the answer you say " after a cherry bomb what else?"

alright, if you really needed a b class bike you should already know what your ahead for. not to sound like an ***, but that question is asked everyday...... do some research, if your going into b class you already know how the game is played and know what to do. if your truly competitive eventually everything will be converted to after market.

get a ltr....good till a class, keep the stock suspention
get a cherry bomb or pcIII
get a pipe
get a stabilizer
get a stem if bars are to low
get a nice set of bars
get your shocks revalved/resprung
get a seat cover
get some rear beadlocks
get some nice front rims
get some nice tires
get a nice underbelly skid
get some asv's

there you go, thats more then any one needs in b class. and most of the stuff is just for comfort

Dude you just said like everything I want for a ltr lol. I really want a ltr so honda is gonna have to have hugh changes to change my mind but for C class I would get belly skid, cherry bomb, levers, nerfs, bumper, for B class I would get a fox/jb or atv four play front end and fox podium rear and douglas beadlocks and rolled edge fronts and if money permitted and it needed on a stem.

If you are trying to save money then I would get stock rebuilds insted of the suspension I mentioned or just like fox fronts with stock a arms.

Warnerade
05-25-2008, 02:04 AM
you dont NEED shocks and all that **** for b class...but it sure is nice to have...

FHKracingZ
05-30-2008, 09:30 PM
First off jordan, you of all people should know a stock LTR will not get the job done in A class anywhere let alone at nationals..

Plus no offence jordan but you did have a stock rear end on your honda so you didnt technically have a full walsh honda. Plus the difference from going from a stock rear end on a honda to a walsh savior is as big difference as it gets.

Depends where your sponsors are and where your money needs to be spent...

If you have a good motor sponsor i would go with the suzuki..

If you have a good suspension sponsor go with the honda..

The suzuki requires less suspension/chassis mods done to make it more competitve.

But on the other hand the honda motor is by far stronger than the suzuki motor in every aspect.

Ive heard nothing but great things about the suzukis and for B class you cant beat a 50 inch quad stock in my opinion. Hell Wienen practiced on a stock front end last year with just fox shocks!