PDA

View Full Version : lets grow this sucker!!!

Pappy
11-26-2002, 12:01 PM
ok, we all know that honda is only a portion of the atv manufactures represented on this site. i would like to go ahead and add a new segment to exriders in the form of suzuki, yamaha and kawasaki. we could have a much more diverse group of members and really grow membership. the other sites that are out there are almost dead from lack of member participation and are joining here at an awesome rate. i know that the members here would greet new members in a fashion fitting exriders and embrace their fellow atv riders.

so what do ya think....a ton of people browse this site but dont join or post because they feel its honda only....if each manufacture had a thread area better then just non honda i think they would come on over and become new members and share their contributions.

so....what do you think....and remember....prespective new sponsors and members will read this...as will ben so state you opinion but keep it realistic and clean....PAPPY

cdalejef
11-26-2002, 12:02 PM
Great idea Pappy!:cool:

Pappy
11-26-2002, 12:05 PM
oh i didnt mean to leave out others such as polaris etc.

cannondale has a great site and would be better controlled as is....imo

mysticfalcon
11-26-2002, 12:06 PM
Im all for it if we can somehow prevent it from becoming a flameathon like some of those other sites are.

11-26-2002, 12:08 PM
:blah

cjpoole1
11-26-2002, 12:09 PM
That would be a great idea. You could change the name to QuadRiders.com or ATVRiders.com or something like that

AtvMxRider
11-26-2002, 12:13 PM
Good Idea Pappy I'm all for it. I love my honda but I love talking about all quads.

11-26-2002, 12:14 PM
Exriders.com name has to stay..:macho

MSL
11-26-2002, 12:15 PM
sounds good but we must make sure it doesnt become flamefest 2002.

I welcome all quad riders to join and share info.

Exriders is simply the best ATV related site on the web.

Pappy
11-26-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Rico

absofriggonlutely!!!!!!

its just like a store offering more choices on the menu:D

250rmike
11-26-2002, 12:25 PM
im all with i just dont want this site to end up like the others where they just die cause all the members start falming each other. this site has been so helpful to me over the last year or so and i dont want it to die. ive met alot of good people(hopefully get to ride with some soon) and it would kinda suck to get all the bad people coming in and destroying the site. i mean yeah we can kick em off but all they have to do is sign on with a different name.

Pappy
11-26-2002, 12:27 PM
a percentage of all new members are here just to cause trouble...

im counting on the base membership here to step it up if ya know what i mean:p

knighttime
11-26-2002, 12:49 PM
I dont think there is a need for that. There is already a "non-honda" forum that can handle all the other manufactures for now. If that forum got to big and very popular, I'm sure BEN or someone like him or LEO would make a site for that manufacturer. There already r good sites for Yamaha and Cannondale and I think there is a Suzuki site out there started by someone who is a member of this site. It seems like kawasaki would go good with Suzuki's site since there quads r almost the same. Polaris and GAS GAS and Bombardier will have to get some riders who r good at websites, lol.

Pappy
11-26-2002, 01:01 PM
well said .....maybe im just off base alil i dunno.

i would just like to see other options here...i hate going from site to site:p atleast it only takes 2 mins to read anything new on them;)

maybe we could just add a 4 x 4 or utilty section...something to give new members a more appealing section....

skinrider440
11-26-2002, 01:08 PM

no kidding it wouldnt be the same if we change it. Keep the EX alive

knighttime
11-26-2002, 01:09 PM

:macho

Pappy
11-26-2002, 01:11 PM
who said change the name besides one reply? it should never be changed....do ya'll read or just look at the perty pictures?:p

11-26-2002, 01:13 PM
That would be cool, i love this site, but no longer ride a Honda. :)

250rmike
11-26-2002, 01:44 PM
yea have a 4x4 section also you should have a r section like with how to's and stuff cause i know i am with some other r owners that have a problem and have to search all over the place to findsomething about plus we make up a good # of members. just a thought

DGR Designs
11-26-2002, 01:51 PM
i am all for a 4x4 section. however, i aggree that there already IS a other brand forum and thats all that is needed. yamaha has bluetraxx, cannondale has cannondaleriders and honda has exriders. there are others out there but lok what has happened to other sites that have ahd big expansions! flame wars. bluetraxx is practically a ghosttown now lol. go for a 4x4 forum ben!

Pappy
11-26-2002, 02:18 PM
sorry fellas....i knew if i threw suki in there and kawasaki we would get some interest;)

ok ben.....we want a 250R section...and a 4x4 section....

toot sweet if ya dont mind:devil

nuttynewt
11-26-2002, 02:34 PM
A 250R section would be good because I, too have to search through pages of 400EX stuff to find 250R threads. I'm not complaining, I like to read up on the 400, 300, etc., also; but because the 250R is a 2 stroke the technical info. is totally different.

QuadRacer041
11-26-2002, 02:42 PM
i dont think its a good idea, im happy the way it is now, i like the fact that this is a honda based site.
i think it will turn into a big flameranthon.

300exazzkikr
11-26-2002, 03:21 PM
I'm in for a 250r section..:macho ..It is the best stuff on earth. :p

Extremeracer167
11-26-2002, 03:42 PM
ok now i dont wanna be a weenie. but isnt the site called EXriders. Not othermanufacturerriders.com I love the site the way it is. And i know for sure that it would be a big fight scene. I think if anything we shouldhave this.

High Performance Forum:
steering
engine
body

Sport forum:
steering
engine
body

utility Forum:
steering
engine
body

Open Forum

Racing Forum

Classifieds

comments

Just an idea???:D

Doibugu2
11-26-2002, 03:48 PM
I wanna know why we don't have more vendors here competing for our business. I know the Quadshop is great, but would be nice to have some friendly competion to benifit us all.

Ben, you need a sales team to start recruiting vendors!

racerx573
11-26-2002, 04:06 PM
I think we'd see the same old questions ask and asked and asked, just in green, yellow, and blue versions, lol. It would still be boring like it is now....maybe if the repeated questions were stopped, it would be a good idea.

"best front end", "what kinda shocks" "what color this, what color that..." "what kind of tires" "best axle" "best swingarm" "post pics of big air...racing...girls...trucks..." I mean come on, it's startin to get old....

But who knows, maybe Pappy's idea would be good.

Or break it into sections for just the Honda quads..
250EX section
300EX section
400EX section
250R section
4x4 section

Have each section have, steering and susp., powertrain, racing, ....yadda yadda yadda....

Also break down the classifies more.
Parts for sale
Parts Wanted
Quads for sale
quads wanted
and a misc. for sale/trade/wanted for sleds, bikes, cars, etc.

Tommy 17
11-26-2002, 04:26 PM
personally i think its a bad idea... my raptors faster then ur 400 and my z400 is faster then ur raptor and this guyz shee will smoke this but my 400 will smoke ur z400 etc... its never gonna end...:huh

Extremeracer167
11-26-2002, 04:36 PM
i just hate coming across stupid posts like the one i just read. "anybody have pics of back and front racks on a 400EX?" WTF is that:huh And then the guy goes, well.....i just wanted a picture im not doing it. THEN WHY DID U POST IT!!?? Or......"What mods can i do that dont cost me any money?" Thats the only bad thing is those senseless posts.

250rmike
11-26-2002, 04:42 PM
the mods that dont cost any $ isnt a stupid post i mean look what you can do with a 400ex grind the header welds, take out the choke on the carb, take off the snirkle and air box lid among some other things

Ride400
11-26-2002, 04:48 PM
growing what?? trees?

Extremeracer167
11-26-2002, 04:56 PM
what mods can u do to a 300EX that will cost nothing, but still worth taking it apart? Oh i just found another one:

"what is the top speed of a YZ250, and will it kill a RM125?" or something along those lines. I bet that isnt a dumb post on the EXriders boards either right?:rolleyes:

Rip_Tear
11-26-2002, 05:12 PM
Good idea Pappy, I dont know if we could go as far as letting polaris in here, JK. Sorry I didnt read all the posts...

Sparks425Ex
11-26-2002, 05:22 PM
Yeah but with all those members it could get hecktick and turn into BlueTraxx.= A bunch of flaming *********s.

Sportrax10
11-26-2002, 05:24 PM
maybe when you open up the non-honda forum... you can go into brands from there like:

Non-Honda forum
Yamaha
Suzuki
Kawasaki
Polaris