PDA

View Full Version : help

bigbryan
04-27-2008, 12:13 AM
I have a 2001 400ex with white bro full system exhaust, k&N air filter, 450r carb,
-1 tooth front sprocket, what should i do next i have like $1,000 to spend i mostly do sand riding with a lot a sand drag racing at sand mtn

Thx
big b

400exMO
04-27-2008, 11:17 AM
First thing I would do is get some tires and nerfs. Then look into suspension.

Everyone is going to tell you to get 450r shocks, do not believe them. I installed a set years back and it rode better than stock but not worth the money, unless you have the cash to have them revalved and resprung.

I would search ebay and the for sale section on this site and find a good set of used aftermarket front shocks. Then send off your rear stock shock to C@D Racing (from this site) for a zps rebuild.

GPracer2500
04-27-2008, 01:25 PM
For what he's doing I bet he needs motor more than suspension. Obviously I'm speculating but he did mentioned sand drag racing.

I'd either look at:

1) Piston, cam, porting and the other high HP goodies that go along with them (head studs, extra cooling, etc).

or

2) Cut your losses now. Sell the 400EX and pool your money together to upgrade to a faster machine (I'm thinking 450 or Raptor). No need to buy new. It will probably be faster than your 400EX as is AND will have the potential to be a lot faster than your 400EX could ever be (within reason).

Ask yourself: Is my goal to have a really fast 400EX? Or is my goal to simply have a faster quad than I have right now? Unless there's a reason (and there could be) for why you want to build-out a 400EX, consider moving on.

$0.02