PDA

View Full Version : Whats up everyone

FourFiftyFour
04-26-2008, 11:13 PM
Very long time, no post. Just figured I would drop in and say hey to all you old timers out there!!!

As for me, I sold my Suzuki almost a year ago and haven't ridden in over a year as well. I won't ever race a quad again or even come close to the sport. I have several reasons, but mainly it was time to grow up and be able to afford the normal things in life (a house and new car are both next in line!) I also had a few health issues that was related to stress that I found out about, and they have since cleared away once I stopped racing. I am working two jobs and finishing on a second degree and certification. Havent really done anything too extreme, with the exception of flying some airplanes and racing some sprint cars. LOL I guess I am getting boring as I get older :D I still get to have fun in life...just not so dangerously! haha

FTR- Yes I was on MTVs Scarred, and no I did not quit racing because of that minor wreck. I finished out that season, and then slowly got out of it in 2007.

Anyways, I also wanted to say thanks to the truly genuine people that are in the sport. A lot of people helped me out and you all know who you are, thanks guys. I won't ever forget the help I had over the years I raced. Hopefully one day I will able to help someone else out as much as I was helped while I raced.

c450Razy
04-27-2008, 02:53 PM
p.ussy... lol jk man.

parkers30
04-27-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by c450Razy
p.ussy... lol jk man.

I think you missed the "yes I'm a chick" title...

Good to hear your doing well, I get the same thoughts here and there now that I am out of school and starting a career, but sometime you have to have to let off a little steam on the weekends. Probably would change if I had any health issues or injuries from riding/racing

Moto49X
04-27-2008, 04:53 PM
I'm out of the sport too Kara. it was good to hang out that last race in Texas last season.

FourFiftyFour
04-27-2008, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Moto49X
I'm out of the sport too Kara. it was good to hang out that last race in Texas last season.

You are still more than welcome to come visit down here in Texas, always fun hanging out with you!! :D

What is up with us and the crazy rain at nationals? haha

LeGaCyGiAnT124
04-27-2008, 07:39 PM
good to see you on the boards again Kara, I actually watched your scarred video again a couple days ago. :o

Did you see what happened to me around 6 months ago? I wish I would have got it on video, I would be on scarred for sure.

dpizz450
04-27-2008, 08:37 PM
never really knew you, i lurked more then i posted back then, but ya should get you a nice 4x4 utility to trail ride on atleast if your gettin outta racing. so ya can still be in the sport a little lol. just a suggestion if the money allows it....i cant watch scarred, i have a weak stomach for watching peoples legs bend backwards and stuff like that lol. just curious, were ya on there for a quad wreck?

FourFiftyFour
04-27-2008, 10:05 PM
no I didnt see what happened.. havent really been on here much at all. What happened?!?!

Yeah it was a small wreck in 2006. They just happened to get it on video and it looked worse than it was.

As for utes..lol I have never been much of a trail rider.. I am to competitive..never been much for casual recreation. I have a lot of other stuff I do now though (dog training, car shows, modeling, two jobs, my own place, the list goes on and on), dont miss racing or atvs at all. :)

dpizz450
04-27-2008, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by FourFiftyFour
dont miss racing or atvs at all. :)

:eek: :ermm:

04-28-2008, 01:05 AM
I dont think I ever saw that scarred vid.

trx400EXtreme
04-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by bajaracer21
I dont think I ever saw that scarred vid. her rear end locked up during the race and shot her over the bars if i remember right.

FourFiftyFour
04-28-2008, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by trx400EXtreme
her rear end locked up during the race and shot her over the bars if i remember right.

the crank broke in half and made the rear end lock up..wasnt very fun lol

trx400EXtreme
04-28-2008, 03:16 PM
diddn't look like it lol.

04-28-2008, 04:43 PM
the crank broke in half and made the rear end lock up..wasnt very fun lol

Is their a vid on youtube? I see a lot of scard vids but cant find this one.

jesseweaver
04-28-2008, 06:04 PM
i tried to find it too, no luck

wilkin250r
04-28-2008, 06:09 PM
modeling

Well point us towards that one... :devil:

NacsMXer
04-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Welcome back :)

I agree with ya about the racing. I always wanted to, but never really did because of the cost/time/risk of injury. I hardly have the time to ride anymore but I still love to ride for fun with some friends though! :devil:

It would be cool to see ya get back into the sport later on when you get more settled-in. I just hate to see people turn their backs on such a great sport, and we need more girl riders as it is! :p

Either way best of luck to you :macho

sly400ex
04-29-2008, 06:32 AM
Wow....I just thought about you today wondering what the hell happened to you! Glad to hear you are doing well. Just because you are out of the sport, doesn't mean you can't come here more often and share your wisdom!;)

FourFiftyFour
04-29-2008, 10:19 AM
lol my wisdom eh? Well I guess I might have *some* now! lol Speaking of that, I am about to be turning 23...funny I joined this website when I was only 17.

As for getting back into the sport. That's a no go. I had enough of quad racing to last a lifetime. :) Trust me, I dont want the health issues, the drama, and the bills to pay from it anymore. The womens classes are like ferocious dramafests that never settle. I dont blame any girl for getting out of it.

For finding the scarred video, I think if you google my name "Kara Corn" you will be able to find the episode on MTVs website. I dont know if there are any Youtube videos of it. I never made one.

I know on my myspace, there is a video of the wreck that was just filmed from the tv so it is poor quality.. www.myspace.com/motoxquadchick is my myspace, the video will be on my videos.

my88r
04-29-2008, 12:16 PM

The womens classes are like ferocious dramafests that never settle. I dont blame any girl for getting out of it.

:huh first one i heard say that.

wilkin250r
04-29-2008, 12:18 PM
I didn't find the actual episode, only a trailer.

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1564869&vid=162686 (you gotta deal with a quick commercial first)

04-29-2008, 02:06 PM
Their was a guy 2 years ago out on my track and was going threw the rythem sec and his rear end locked up but didnt crash.

The 3 things I always think about when riding is the rear end locking up, the chain snapping as im about to launch off a jump, and my hand or fingers going between the chain and sprocket in a crash. :eek2:

jesseweaver
04-29-2008, 05:01 PM
yea it would suck getting your hand or fingers ripped off. i always think about the gas cutting out right before a HUGE triple or something. and if your rear locked up wouldnt it just lock up the tires and they would skid and you could ride it out? or would it send you over the bars?

FourFiftyFour
04-29-2008, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by my88r
:huh first one i heard say that.

yeah its like one big game of telephone. You say one thing, someone else tells another person the complete opposite of what you said and then everyone is out to get you. It is completely absurd.