PDA

View Full Version : *** Spark Arrestors REQUIRED at WORCS ROUND 5***

QuadJunkies
04-26-2008, 05:53 PM
I didnt want to keep hijacking the other Spark arrestor topic so heres the info.

Spark Arrestors Required at Hollister
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: 4/26/2008

WORCS racers remember to bring along or bolt-on those spark arrestors for the next round at Hollister. Hollister Hills is a California State OHV Park and it is mandatory that these are required for all ATVS.

*If your child is racing Sunday PeeWee race only on the MX track, a arrestor is not required, but if that mini ATV is racing on Saturday in the off-road, they must have an arrestor.

Jason Reed-WORCS Racing

raidernut
04-27-2008, 05:56 PM
clarification in the drr section under the spark arrester post

QuadJunkies
04-27-2008, 06:01 PM
More info posted on WORCS website...

Spark Arrestors Required at Hollister & Sacramento
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: 4/26/2008

WORCS racers remember to bring along or bolt-on those spark arrestors for the next round at Hollister & Round #6 at Sacramento. Hollister Hills & Praire City are California State OHV Parks and it is mandatory that these are required for all bikes.

*Important, if your child is racing the PeeWee race on Sunday morning before the Pro race only on the MX track, they do not need the spark arrestor. Otherwise all other races require when you get into the off-road.

Also- remember that California permit stickers are required for all bikes at Sacramento as well. Meaning if you bring your bike into California from out of state you must have a California Non-resident issued permit. I you currently reside in California and your bike is not registered, you must also complete that as well. Here is information on this rule per California State Parks and the links are at the bottom to attain permits. "Important- Only Sacramento is requiring this, we are still grandfathered in under Hollister."

After reading this article and information, scroll to the bottom to file for your permits, both out of state and in state if your bike is not registered.

http://www.riderplanet.us/site.php/arti/read/ca_redgreen_sticker/

Jason Reed-WORCS Racing

QuadJunkies
04-27-2008, 06:17 PM
Sacramento BIKES ONLY only are required to have ORV stickers, NOT Hollister .
I got that clarified since I was a little confused on the grandfather clause thing.

QuadJunkies
05-13-2008, 10:01 AM
One last bump before the wk end so hopefully no one misses out on the info.

redrocker
05-13-2008, 11:07 AM
Welcome to California

forgiven
05-13-2008, 04:35 PM
So what do you do for a spark arrestor???

QuadJunkies
05-14-2008, 12:15 AM
My Hubby put one on yesterday,let me tell ya... it isnt pretty!!! :o :p
But its on there to where we can take it off when we get home.
He thinks it actually might even get a little better power to a small degree.
I cant take some shots when we get home if you like, but like I said, its nothing fancy,but will get a rider by who needs one.

forgiven
05-14-2008, 07:14 PM
We were talking about some trail riding in Wisconsin and they are a stickler for those things.