PDA

View Full Version : Kenda Klaws?

Misfit138
04-26-2008, 01:42 PM
What do you guys think about the Kenda Klaw tires?Do they hook up good?How about lasting?Do they last ok during normal trail riding? Let me know!

Pipeless416
04-26-2008, 02:25 PM
mine won't die.. :o that should tell you how long they last, but i hate the way they grip. they have horrible forward bite, but they do slide nicely. i like the front klaws, but i'll never buy another set of rears. i'll be getting razr's next, when these finally wear down.

NacsMXer
04-26-2008, 02:52 PM
I agree they do last really long. They have pretty good traction when new, but as the lugs on the rears get rounded you find yourself spinning them a lot trying to get traction. They do slide well and predictably however.

The fronts are pretty plush, but are kind of balloon-like when you push them hard in the corners. I've worn down the center lugs on mine, once they get rounded like the rears you find them pushing some. I'll probably go back to grooved radial fronts when these wear out.

Keep in mind this experience is from the Klaw MX tires, so I think if you run a lot of trails the XC tires won't have the exact same issues.

hornetgod13
04-26-2008, 04:48 PM
I like mine. Very durable and show minimal tread wear. I like the fact that the rear tires are reverable for different types of terrain.

Misfit138
04-26-2008, 04:56 PM
Thanks alot,sharp quad too!What is another good tire for trail ridin'?

honda8&3
04-26-2008, 05:07 PM
well Maxxis Razr's are excellent all around and Kenda Knarly XC's are really nice and awsome price too! I love my RAZR2's but I just may try out the Knarly XC's next not sure tho...;)

04TRX400EX
04-26-2008, 05:42 PM
I really like my Klaws. The provide good traction, slide predictably, and wear very well. Personally, I hate the way Razr's feel and would take Klaws over them any day.

REPOMAN
04-27-2008, 09:40 AM
i have the same rears as hornet and love them for the same reasons he stated. i love being able to switch them around for the different terrains. i kept getting flats with the fronts though so they now sit in a lonely corner of my shop and have been replaced with holeshot HD fronts and have not had another flat yet.

400ex28
04-27-2008, 05:17 PM
I had the 18" mx rears and they did alright hooked up and slid good but i got rid of them for some turf tamers which I like better.

I'm still running the 20" mxr fronts and they have been great so far...