PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a specific chain lube

DadRider
04-26-2008, 11:28 AM
I also bought a trailbike a while back. It had a chain lube that left a white film, but doesn't appear to be stick or attract dust.

The chain wax I use on my street bike is sticky and I don't want to use that on the EX.

Anyone recognize the "white film" chain lube and would point me in the right direction? Am I on the right track as far as chain lube, a non sticky coating for the chain?

Thanks

Dad.

Rip_Tear
04-26-2008, 12:14 PM
The only thing I can think of is another chain wax, unless it's just white grease? I know some people just like to use regular white grease on their chains.

NacsMXer
04-26-2008, 12:26 PM
Yeah, I used to use Maxima Chain Wax but it had a tendency to sling off all over my tranny and swingarm. Not to mention it was super sticky so everything stuck to it.

I use Honda HP chain lube now from the Honda dealer (one of the few things I actually buy from the dealer). The one in the blue spray can comes with white graphite and doesn't have a tendency to attract dust as much. It dries to a white film like you say....it dries a little tacky, but not as bad as the chain wax.

You can also get ordinary dry white graphite lube from a hardware store but I haven't tried it as a chain lube before.

http://www.funcountrypowersports.com/watachi/hpchain.gif

Misfit138
04-26-2008, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by DadRider
I also bought a trailbike a while back. It had a chain lube that left a white film, but doesn't appear to be stick or attract dust.

The chain wax I use on my street bike is sticky and I don't want to use that on the EX.

Anyone recognize the "white film" chain lube and would point me in the right direction? Am I on the right track as far as chain lube, a non sticky coating for the chain?

Thanks

Dad.

Sounds like you just got ahold of some spray white grease.I had some that was Champion brand & it had like a white film look to it.It worked ok,but it wore off very quick.I use some called Liquid Wrench-Cycle Chain Lube & it works really good.Its not the best, I'm sure but its better than notthing!:blah:

quad handler
04-27-2008, 06:39 AM
Bel-Ray chain lube is kind of white.

04-27-2008, 09:44 AM
bel ray super clean chain lube leaves a white film that don't fling or attract dirt...

you can see residue of it on my chain in this pic...
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/921056/GHATM-DSC00444.JPG

DementeD
04-27-2008, 09:51 AM
another vote for bel-ray...thats what i use..

DadRider
04-28-2008, 05:47 PM
I emailed the previous owner of the bike, and he answered this morning.

You guy's were right on the money. It was Bel Ray Super Clean Chain Lube. The chain on the DB looks just like your picture
speedyquad.

Thanks everybody! That's what I'm going out to get.

440challenger
04-28-2008, 05:56 PM
that crap makes a mess (spraying it ) and looks like poop too.
To each his own but silkolene products work amazing. they ahve a semi synthetic and a full pro race synthetic which is clear. one of the best and i tried almsot all of them. Maxima makes a great chain wax in a gold and black can also

Gatekeeper
04-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by DementeD
another vote for bel-ray...thats what i use..
x2