PDA

View Full Version : tonsils

redfox350
04-26-2008, 10:11 AM
so for the past to days when i swallow a drink or swallow at all it kills the back of my throat....i thought i just maybe had a sore throat....but i just looked in the mirror n the right tonsil(i think thats what it is)looks swollen and has like a white bump on it...any one have any idea what that is???or know if ill have to get them taken out?

quad2xtreme
04-26-2008, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by redfox350
so for the past to days when i swallow a drink or swallow at all it kills the back of my throat....i thought i just maybe had a sore throat....but i just looked in the mirror n the right tonsil(i think thats what it is)looks swollen and has like a white bump on it...any one have any idea what that is???or know if ill have to get them taken out?

seriously doubt it...they rarely remove them anymore.

You have strep throat.

Giz400ex
04-26-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by redfox350
so for the past to days when i swallow a drink or swallow at all it kills the back of my throat....i thought i just maybe had a sore throat....but i just looked in the mirror n the right tonsil(i think thats what it is)looks swollen and has like a white bump on it...any one have any idea what that is???or know if ill have to get them taken out? Tonsils can cause probs more than they do good. My wife has been getting alot of soar throats lately and she now has to have them removed in 2 weeks. Yourself, I would go to your doctor and have it check out. Sounds like strep but for sure, go to your doctor.

lorenjr83
04-26-2008, 02:11 PM
I had mine removed when i was 19 and i sure am glad i did. I havent hardly been sick since having them removed

300exkid123
04-28-2008, 09:45 AM
haven't had tonsils since i was 5

QuadJunkies
04-28-2008, 10:06 AM
I had strep alot when I was a kid and never could get rid of the puss pockets for very long, so I had mine removed when I was 17

Now I know why they say to have them out when your a kid, cause it FREAKIN HURT to have them out as a young adult.:scary:

I got infection and my throat swelled almost shut when I had mine out.. But once I was healed up ,Im glad I got it done because I have minimal sore throat issues now.

Tonsils can cause more harm than good sometimes, same goes for your adnoids...but overall they are actually a good thing to keep if at all possible.

Like quad2xtreme said,you probably have strep.

LeGaCyGiAnT124
04-28-2008, 05:43 PM
I got mine out when I was in 6th grade. I couldn't breathe out of my nose but now that they are out I haven't had too many problems.