PDA

View Full Version : please help quick!!!

maddmatt02
04-25-2008, 08:04 PM
ok, I went to the shop today to get a 148 main (stock 400) for the 400 carb I am putting onto my 300. they had a 147.5???

anyways it is the same size, thread pitch and all look identical, but the damn thing wouldnt go in, it would start easily then got really tough, so I pulled it out and thought maybe i had damaged the threads, but the jet i pulled out went back in easy.

however here is my question. the jet i pulled was a 114, but onky labeled that, nothing else, and it was in an adapter like thing, almost looked like a large hex main out of a FCR, but it had female threads on the end to thread in the jet, with this out the jet I go goes right into the needle jet or whatever it is called.

I remember over time on here reading something about the dynojet adapter, is that what this is.

with the adapter the main is way down in that large hex head access bolt, without it, the main is about even with the bottom of the rest of the float bowl? is this submerged enough? or do I need to get the factory adapter that made the factory main sit lower?