PDA

View Full Version : Sierra / Silverado Question!!

Flyin-Low
04-25-2008, 03:21 PM
I've got an 08 GMC Sierra and was wondering if anyone knows how to turn the Traction Control off?

I know I can pull the ABS fuse and that will turn it off, but I'm not sure where that is either?

Any help is appreciated.. I can't stand not being able to squeal the tires when I want!

underpowered
04-25-2008, 03:29 PM
Custom PCM tune.

the in ability to squeal tires is mainly due to torque management. it kils these trucks. many options to have it done, ranging from $150 to $500+ to have it done.

www.fullsizechevy.com/forums <<more info than you will ever need on these trucks.

toomeyshee87
04-26-2008, 01:32 AM
there should be a switch down by the thermostat and fan controls (underneith i think) that shuts the traction control off. although even when it is shut off it still feels like it kicks in and doesnt really spin the tires.

Flyin-Low
04-26-2008, 07:51 AM
Thanks guys, wasn't the answer I was hoping for but it helps lol. I think it's pretty lame how they make this truck gutless stock or atleast just feel that way, I like being able to tell my vehicle what to do and not have it refuse haha!

The '90 is more fun to drive :(

Kickstarts-suck
04-26-2008, 10:58 PM
wtf thats gay :ermm:

400exstud
04-28-2008, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
wtf thats gay :ermm:

There are reasons behind most things. Think about it for a while. It is there for a reason.:)

mineralgrey01gt
04-28-2008, 09:01 AM
personally on a truck, id rather have it since I would be towing mostly with it and such

underpowered
04-28-2008, 03:34 PM
TM and abuse mode kills these trucks. really teh only way to solve it is with a PCM tune.. there are tons of places to have it done, and once it is done, you will never look back.

it will wake your truck up. My 2003 is the same way, feel gutless. but i have my tune on the way and have driven many trucks before hat have been tuned and it is night and day difference.

Kickstarts-suck
04-28-2008, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by 400exstud
There are reasons behind most things. Think about it for a while. It is there for a reason.:)

I understand the reason but who doesn't like burnouts :D

should be able to turn it on and off

toomeyshee87
04-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by underpowered
TM and abuse mode kills these trucks. really teh only way to solve it is with a PCM tune.. there are tons of places to have it done, and once it is done, you will never look back.

it will wake your truck up. My 2003 is the same way, feel gutless. but i have my tune on the way and have driven many trucks before hat have been tuned and it is night and day difference.

what is all involved in that?

underpowered
04-28-2008, 08:49 PM
you can either have it locally tuned, on a dyno or a "street" tune. just find a local shop that can do that sort of thing. usually gonna be more of a performance oriented shop.

of you can go to a tuners site like.

www.gowheatley.com
www.blackbearperformance.com
www.pcmforless.com
www.nelsonperformance.com
www.wait4meperformance.com/

those are just a few of the countless tuners out there. my tune is coming from blackbear. they all have their pros and cons, and each has a different price.

like i mentioned earlier. got to www.fullsizechevy.com/forums there is all kinds of info on chevy trucks. you can find out more on what a tune can do. Justin is a member on there, and is actually the guy form blackbear who does the tunes so you can ask him directly what he would suggest for a tune.

Moded86R
04-28-2008, 09:44 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by underpowered
you can either have it locally tuned, on a dyno or a "street" tune. just find a local shop that can do that sort of thing. usually gonna be more of a performance oriented shop.

of you can go to a tuners site like.

www.gowheatley.com
www.blackbearperformance.com
www.pcmforless.com
www.nelsonperformance.com
www.wait4meperformance.com/

those are just a few of the countless tuners out there. my tune is coming from blackbear. they all have their pros and cons, and each has a different price.

like i mentioned earlier. got to www.fullsizechevy.com/forums there is all kinds of info on chevy trucks. you can find out more on what a tune can do. Justin is a member on there, and is actually the guy form blackbear who does the tunes so you can ask him directly what he would suggest for a tune. [/QUoute[/b]

I have a 2003 z-71.It's all stock and has 55,000 miles on it.I don't think that it feels gutless.

Maybe you know something I don't.How much power can be had if I get it tuned?

My truck runs fine is you ask me.I beat a 5.4 triton ford with it.I did have a hemi get me though to about 60mph.

One thing I will say is I hate the way it shifts.It shifts to early into 2nd gear.And you have to put it all the way to floor for it to downshift.

I am sure that can be cured with a tune though.

So how much more power can I get?

underpowered
04-28-2008, 09:52 PM
i have seen as much as a dyno proven 20 wheel HP with a tune. but honestly, it feels like more. Like i said, Torque management is what kills these trucks as far as power goes. if you do nothing else, but take that way you are not truely gaining any power, it feels like it.

for the money, 20HP for about $200 is a good deal. pretty much the best bang considering how much other mods cost.

my truck is also a 2003 Z71, and is not down on power. but you will be surprised as to just how much power can be coaxed out of them. your shift points can be easily fixed by a tune. all you have to do it tell teh tuner what you want, and they can most likely do it for you.

Moded86R
04-28-2008, 09:57 PM
I know about the potential of these LS based motors.They basicly have a awesome head with a roller cam,Awesome short block with 6 bolt mains.

I will leave this truck stock.I have a 70 nova and 69 chevy truck.The nova is under construction and the truck should have a new motor by summer time.It's alot funner than the new truck for gettin it!

My new truck is kinda like a cadilac it drives really nice.