PDA

View Full Version : Pics of the ATC450R? Anybody have them?

Iliketogofast
04-25-2008, 02:54 PM
I've been searching and all I've found is trike frames with 450 motors implanted.

Somewhere on the intranets, there is an actual 450 frame cut up and the guy put fricken dirt bike forks on it and everything. Completely custom work.

It looked like something Honda would produce today.

Does anybody have pics or a link? I searched but all I found was the below link and stuff like it, which isn't what I'm looking for. http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=287431&highlight=450R+three+wheeler

deathman53
04-30-2008, 05:15 PM
I'm building something very close, crf450r motor, hopefully cr-500 rear suspension, pro-pegs, 95/96 cr250r forks and brake w/ custom tripples. I won't exactly look like a honda atc model, as it will have a short track front end on it(very high steering radius and 1 gallon gas tank). It will also have a flip-top seat and use 400ex rear fender and seat.

Iliketogofast
04-30-2008, 08:38 PM
Sounds sick enough, but have you seen the pics of what I'm talking about? The guy actually took like a brand new 450R and cut the front end off, then welded on a set of forks and steering, ect, from a CRF450. All the while it looked legit, like something you could walk into a dealer and see for sale.

And it was all brand new stuff. Some people were *****ing because he "ruined" it or whatever, but they were idiots. It was truly sick.

But now I can't find it.

:o

BTW, got any pics of your build? I'd love to see it. Actually I hate to ride trikes, but I just love to look at the built up ones and customs. There's something really exotic about them I guess.

SWIGIN
05-01-2008, 12:47 PM
there is a dude doing this but he never showed pics.

the one you saw is photoshoped and was shown everyware

Iliketogofast
05-01-2008, 03:01 PM
Surely not. There were pictures of an acual build. Some of them had the plastics off.

Noone remembers this?

250Renvy
05-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by deathman53
I'm building something very close, crf450r motor, hopefully cr-500 rear suspension, pro-pegs, 95/96 cr250r forks and brake w/ custom tripples. I won't exactly look like a honda atc model, as it will have a short track front end on it(very high steering radius and 1 gallon gas tank). It will also have a flip-top seat and use 400ex rear fender and seat.

Is this the second frame Mike is supposed to build for you? Has he started on it yet?

Have you started or completed the build on the first trike frame he made - you started posting pictures on trx250R net and it crashed/ transferred over to a new server and the pics got lost.

deathman53
05-01-2008, 06:48 PM
that one has been done for almost a year now. Mike is building 2 frames for me, crf450r motor and 200x motor. The frame that Mike has of mine is just for referrence points and something to base his frames off of. He also has my 86 atc200x(whole bike), that is for reference points on either build. He had wanted a picture with deminsions of the engine cradle, I just gave him the whole bike. He is also putting a steering stabilizer on it, along with pro-peg nerfs. The atc/crf450r will be for ONLY mx and the atc200x(250r frame copy) will be my do everything bike, skid mounts, and I have 3 different size gas tanks for what I'm riding.

That first bike was built almost exact of the referrence frame of mine. I only snapped/badly cracked 3 stock frames.

deathman53
05-01-2008, 06:54 PM
that guy you are referring to that took a new trx450r and chopped it up and is "supposibly" building an atc from it, he hasn't posted anything new in quite awhile. He goes by Mr. Atc, blacksheep and he had some other name. There is another guy Derrich Adams who built a tri-z with yz450f motor, inverted forks and such. That bike looks almost like it could have been on a showroom floor.