PDA

View Full Version : dirt bike forum??

blasterfreak99
04-25-2008, 02:26 PM
some people think we should put a dirt bike forum up on the site. what do you all think?

REDRIDDER
04-25-2008, 02:54 PM
why not!

416exfreak
04-25-2008, 04:57 PM
I vote yay.

As soon as I turn 18 and move out on my own, I'll be switching back to bikes. I wouldnt mind being able to still come to a forum that im familiar with.:)

XXXRACER165
04-25-2008, 06:13 PM
Sure, I love dirt bikes.

Caseys 300ex
04-25-2008, 06:48 PM
That would be cool. I just got a dirt bike and i love the setup of these forums so much that i hate other forums.

z400rida44
04-25-2008, 07:33 PM
i say absolutely. i know that there are so many people on here that have dirt bikes and are knowledgable about them. it would be a great way for the site to grow. imo

Pipeless416
04-25-2008, 07:44 PM
just to play devils advocate, i think somebody should go on thumpertalk and post the same thread, except say you want a quad only section.. see what kind of response you get there.

my88r
04-25-2008, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
just to play devils advocate, i think somebody should go on thumpertalk and post the same thread, except say you want a quad only section.. see what kind of response you get there.

they already have forums devoted for atvs.

Pipeless416
04-25-2008, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by my88r

oops.. well i feel dumb now..:scary:

my88r
04-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
oops.. well i feel dumb now..:scary:

lol, also ktmtalk has a forum for the ktm 450/525 quad.

Pappy
04-25-2008, 08:32 PM
I would imagine its doable, but I am 110% positive it wont happen to fast. When they finally revamp the the site (same layout..so dont worry) there will be a few sections dropped and a few added.

my88r
04-25-2008, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
I would imagine its doable, but I am 110% positive it wont happen to fast. When they finally revamp the the site (same layout..so dont worry) there will be a few sections dropped and a few added.

I'm glad you think its do able. i was worried about a different reaction from you. i put it in the comments& suggestions also.:cool:

Pappy
04-25-2008, 08:59 PM
lol..why...i have more bikes then quads:huh

my88r
04-25-2008, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
lol..why...i have more bikes then quads:huh

true, some reason i forgot you had bikes. oh well its been along day.lol
i cant ride my ktm. the gas tank has been at the shop for three weeks. she will not stop leaking. its on the seconded cap. ktm is going to give me a third cap. then hopefully i get a 05 SCREW CAP TANK. pap,did you have problems with any of your ktms gas caps.

Pappy
04-25-2008, 09:20 PM
we have an 06 85sx that has a cap that is a pita, but the rest all seem to work well

cody cross trains and has been cross training on a bike for well over 2 years. i know of many many many riders, both pro and beginers that are using the bike as its so much cheaper to run to keep themsleves fit.

QuadJunkies
04-26-2008, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by my88r
Hows the flaming issues over there? Any problems that your aware of?
That would be my only main concern is trouble makers who are very NON quad friendly stirring up constant trouble.Im sure the majority would also be quad members, but you still will get the dirtbags that like to stir things up
Me personally, I love bikes ,alot of the riders here got there roots from them . I just worry about some of the baggage that may come along with it .

wilkin250r
04-26-2008, 01:31 AM
I don't really anticipate many problems with it.

First and foremost, this is an ATV site. As a general rule, anybody visiting or becoming a member is already going to be quad-friendly. Because if they weren't quad-friendly, then why would they be coming here?

For those that are NOT quad-friendly, and are coming here strictly to cause trouble, well let's face it, they don't need a dirtbike section to cause trouble.

I don't anticipate problems from the dirtbike crowd. Now, it is possible we might see some problems from the ATV crowd, those that hate the dirtbikers, but I think that's unlikely. The hatred is fairly one-sided, most of it coming from the dirtbike crowd.

GPracer2500
04-26-2008, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
That would be my only main concern is trouble makers who are very NON quad friendly stirring up constant trouble.Im sure the majority would also be quad members, but you still will get the dirtbags that like to stir things up
Me personally, I love bikes ,alot of the riders here got there roots from them . I just worry about some of the baggage that may come along with it .

I go to the Honda ATV sub-forum on TT every now and again. I don't see any quad-bike tension in there. Similar to what wilkin250r is saying, if you're in there you're looking for ATV info. If you're looking to start trouble there are better places to go.

416exfreak
04-26-2008, 06:06 AM
I do notice alot of one sided hatred from the bike crew...

Last time I went to the track there was one guy in particular who kept sliding into me and using my quad as a rut to work his 450 around the track.

Karma is a *****. We'll leave it at that.

I just wanna know how to get the yellow plastic marks off of my qaud.:devil:

(I didnt not intentionally wreck him, he done it himself)

04-26-2008, 07:10 AM
considering the site name is ATVriders I say no to having a dirtbike section. Nice idea for another site lets say bikeriders or something but to put dirt bikes on a quad site like this i dont think is right.

my88r
04-26-2008, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies

FINE, most of the only bike guys dont get in there atv section. TT has a very grown up crowd. no real bashing or anything.

Kickstarts-suck
04-26-2008, 09:39 PM
I think its a good idea. Not to bring in dirtbike riders but to help out the members that ride both.