PDA

View Full Version : Stock rebuilds?

redexrider4290
04-25-2008, 11:37 AM
i am wandering how much of a difference gettinng your stock shocks rebuilt by like GTThunder or C&D really makes. I am thinking about doing this because i am on a tight budget but i don't want to do it if it's not worth it.
Does it really make that much of a difference. if so How much.

Colby@C&DRacing
04-28-2008, 09:23 AM
They are a very good upgrade. Most people are very happy with stock conversions. Our conversions are very tunable and perform on par with many of the aftermarket shock that are available for less money. If you would like to get more details just give us a call

402-614-2508

redexrider4290
04-30-2008, 09:51 AM
i mean if i get my shocks rebuilt am i gona definately notice a difference when i ride with them? i l mean i would think it should feel like a differenct bike? i mean how much of difference is it.

jkiserracing
04-30-2008, 08:40 PM
I am riding with stock shock conversions. I certainly noticed a diffrence. I noticed that certain jumps that I had stiff landings on before seemed to be more smooth and especially on rough sections of the track or small whoop sections..my rebuilds soaked it right up where as before I bounced all over and was beat after riding. The other thing was that my ride hight was adjusted with the new shocks which made the bike handle much better for my style of riding. Getting the right suspension set up should be the first thing you do to your quad. I was like you, it was for me a cheaper alternative (and all I could really afford to do) So for alot less than all new shocks its a really good upgrade. So for me...it was well worth it.

bradley300
05-01-2008, 12:47 PM
its an incrediable difference, depending on who does them, they are just short of aftermarkets, to better or somewhere in between. cost vs. performance you cant beat stock rebuilds

05-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
its an incrediable difference, depending on who does them, they are just short of aftermarkets, to better or somewhere in between. cost vs. performance you cant beat stock rebuilds

Would stock rebuilds be better than Any Works shock or would it at least be the same? My brother has a Works rear shock $550 only preload adjustable remote rezzy and the weight is a range and I love it. Theres no such thing as bucking over the whoops or not getting traction over them. My rear even adjusted as best as it can be on my stock shock it comesup on the whoops so much that I rev high but dont go that fast. All because my rear whees wont stay on the ground

zrpilot
05-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
Would stock rebuilds be better than Any Works shock or would it at least be the same? My brother has a Works rear shock $550 only preload adjustable remote rezzy and the weight is a range and I love it. Theres no such thing as bucking over the whoops or not getting traction over them. My rear even adjusted as best as it can be on my stock shock it comesup on the whoops so much that I rev high but dont go that fast. All because my rear whees wont stay on the ground

IMO properly setup, revalved stock 450R front and rear shocks, 400EX rears, YFZ fronts and rears, work better then most aftermarket.

05-01-2008, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by zrpilot
IMO properly setup, revalved stock 450R front and rear shocks, 400EX rears, YFZ fronts and rears, work better then most aftermarket.

If I had $700 or $800 w/e C&D is charging right now I would love to try OEM rebuilds. I just cant get traction over bumps because the rear kicks up too much. Dont get me wrong my suspension setup correctly rides better than any stock suspension quad I have ever ridden but it still doesnt compare to even the Works rear shock my brother has. I ride his I take the whoops like they should be wheeling the front end up and the rear staying on the ground absorbing so much its like floating compared to stock. Its truely amazing the difference. I chose to do the rebuild OEM shock route instead of dumping money into Works spending more for hopefully less.