PDA

View Full Version : right hub

red_rider_069
04-25-2008, 09:51 AM
darn thing keeps coming loose.. wtf :mad: .. any one have any suggestions.. i keep tightening it and it gets erally loose.. any one have any idea if i should just get new ones?!?

REDRIDDER
04-25-2008, 09:58 AM
Ive heard but not done it myself if you grease the axle splines and the hub splines it will hold don't ask me how i just remember seeing a thread about this.

REDRIDDER
04-25-2008, 09:59 AM
stock hubs and axle? are the splines worn?

Brandonkendall0
04-25-2008, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by REDRIDDER
Ive heard but not done it myself if you grease the axle splines and the hub splines it will hold don't ask me how i just remember seeing a thread about this.

I have heard of this before, too never had this problem but pretty sure that it will work. worth a try the only thing that can happen is it comes loose again.

400ex28
04-25-2008, 10:54 AM
I've tryed the greese thing with my hubs and it dosnt work, oh and i have lonestar hubs. they usually stay tight for a day of racing or a couple rides but i check them every time.

Brandonkendall0
04-25-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by 400ex28
I've tryed the greese thing with my hubs and it dosnt work, oh and i have lonestar hubs. they usually stay tight for a day of racing or a couple rides but i check them every time.

My brother has the same hubs on this 2003 426ex and we have never had problems with them. matter of fact we took them off the other day because his bike was is in the middle of a $3000+ makeover and they were tight. Maybe contact someone from lonestar and let them know about it. Could be a defect in hub. just a thought best of luck with it.

Honda#4
04-25-2008, 11:17 AM
I have stock hubs with a LSR axle and there always tight even with the clip pins I use to hold the axle nut on, like said before maybe there wore out or like Brandon said maybe theres a defect.

REPOMAN
04-25-2008, 12:10 PM
use cotter pins.

400ex28
04-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by REPOMAN
use cotter pins.

I use cotter pins....

Brandonkendall0
04-25-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by 400ex28
I use cotter pins....

if you use cotter pins and it is still coming lose you need to contact lonestar because you have someing wrong. there is no way that it would able to come lose. me and my brother both use cotter pins with are hubs and like i said before they have stayed tight since day one. 400ex28 i dont know what to tell you beside talk to lonestar they stand by their products and if it is a defect i am sure they will replace it. i know from experence that they stand by their product. bent a lonestar axel second week i had it and sent it in and they sent me a brand new one.

O yeah nother thought if you still have you stock hubs put them on and go ride it. see if they come loose and if they do let me know and i will ask around to see what could be causing your problem even though i am pretty sure i know what it is.

400ex28
04-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Brandonkendall0
if you use cotter pins and it is still coming lose you need to contact lonestar because you have someing wrong. there is no way that it would able to come lose. me and my brother both use cotter pins with are hubs and like i said before they have stayed tight since day one. 400ex28 i dont know what to tell you beside talk to lonestar they stand by their products and if it is a defect i am sure they will replace it. i know from experence that they stand by their product. bent a lonestar axel second week i had it and sent it in and they sent me a brand new one.

O yeah nother thought if you still have you stock hubs put them on and go ride it. see if they come loose and if they do let me know and i will ask around to see what could be causing your problem even though i am pretty sure i know what it is.

Yea, I no longer have the stock hubs because they came loose all the time also... right now i'm putting a new clutch in it and when i get back on the track next weekend ill see how long they stay tight after that, well they usually stay tight for about 5 rides give or take some... ive had them for a while since mabe eh... 05 or so.

red_rider_069
04-28-2008, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by REDRIDDER
stock hubs and axle? are the splines worn? yea there stock... and no the spindles seem alright.. but i take the pin out and tighten it.. done it like 3 times with this time.. and well i think ima have to change em?!?! i dont really want to :S

Exrider434
04-28-2008, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Brandonkendall0
if you use cotter pins and it is still coming lose you need to contact lonestar because you have someing wrong. there is no way that it would able to come lose.

Not true, i have stock axle wih stock hubs, i crank them so tight youd never imagine that they would come loose...But even with cotter pins they manage to work their way out and come loose every couple rides...

red_rider_069
04-28-2008, 10:41 PM
i guess its normal,, but i dont get how only the right one is getting loose.. ima glue that sh** on there.. show it whos boss:macho

Exrider434
04-29-2008, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by red_rider_069
i guess its normal,, but i dont get how only the right one is getting loose.. ima glue that sh** on there.. show it whos boss:macho

If you ever plan on changing your axle bearings i wouldnt glue it on;) lol, Try blue threadlock i think thats the one that is temporary rather than the red threadlock that permanently locks the threads....Not sure i think its the blue though.

Honda#4
04-29-2008, 07:27 AM
Blue is the one to use rather than the red

red_rider_069
04-29-2008, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Exrider434
If you ever plan on changing your axle bearings i wouldnt glue it on;) lol, Try blue threadlock i think thats the one that is temporary rather than the red threadlock that permanently locks the threads....Not sure i think its the blue though. :macho yea i know.. if not i'll rip it off.. but i planned on getting temperarary :macho