PDA

View Full Version : SS break lines?

alping45
04-25-2008, 05:55 AM
Do Stainless still break lines really make any noticeable difference in breaking precision/stiffness or is it more of an aesthetic appeal? I understand the concept that they aren't supposed to expand like stock ones when pressure is applied giving quicker break action, but does it really make a difference?
I am just making up a list of goodies for my new '07 EX and just wondering if these should be on it.

04-25-2008, 06:00 AM
stainless steel brake lines feel amazing. No more spongy brakes you can feel it right away and you can stop much eaier much faster. You have better control over your brakes

alping45
04-25-2008, 06:24 AM
Ok, definately going on the list!
Is there any particular brand that I should be looking for that is any better than others? Would like to find some red ones.

Pappy
04-25-2008, 06:40 AM
galfer seems to be about the highest quality, but come at a higher price. we use streamline and havent had any issues as they are a bit cheaper.

400sEXridr
04-25-2008, 09:32 AM
if your having trouble finding anything check out Spiegler USA. theyre out of dayton ohio and do custom stainless brake lines. i ordered some from them for a custom project and for an 8' brake line it was 76 bucks. not sure how much the aftermarket ones are going for these days but i would be tempted to go straight to spiegler. i ordered on wednesday and they showed up thursday. any length, any color, any ends/fittings you need. great guys to deal with

REDRIDDER
04-25-2008, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
galfer seems to be about the highest quality, but come at a higher price. we use streamline and havent had any issues as they are a bit cheaper. Hey Pappy i don't know if this is true or not but someone stated the other day that their Tusk ss lines were stamped Galfer on the metal ends.If this is true then save the money and buy the Tusk ss lines for about $25 bucks less.:D