PDA

View Full Version : Carb jetting with fresh rebuild?

CGriff
04-24-2008, 11:55 PM
Ok so I'm in the process of a rebuild (426 10:1 with Hotcams stg1)
and I was wondering how I'm gonna get the motor worked in after its done when it will need to be rejetted? Obviously I'm going to have to rejet it first right? But yet I cant let the bike idle... so confused. Maybe someone knows a setup for jets that will allow me to get my bike running so that I can break in the cam and then I can fine tune it after? I'll be running wiescos 426 kit with 10:1 compression, Stg 1 hotcam, and White bros e-series slip on. Oh and I ride right around sea lvl... some areas below sea lvl.

CGriff
04-25-2008, 02:34 PM
see I dont know how I'm supposed to go for a ride to break in my cam if the bike wont start or run properly due to inaccurate jetting

drew416ex
04-25-2008, 03:01 PM
Put in a 42 pilot and a 160-165 main. This wont be exact jetting, but its a good starting point and will make it through break in with no problem. You wont even be getting to the main jet circuit during break in so you wont have to worry about the main until you tune it but you should still bump it up. Also move the clip down one position on the needle (lifting the needle).