Pappy
04-24-2008, 09:12 PM
:eek:

MX MaNiAc 06
04-24-2008, 09:14 PM
Holy crap!!!

quad2xtreme
04-24-2008, 09:14 PM
It is a repost but worth looking at again.

He attempted the trick twice recently (San Diego) but wiped out on both attempts. The best trick was won with a double backflip...not nearly as clean as the one Travis did when he landed it.

250xridamatt
04-24-2008, 09:58 PM
I spent a weekend with Scott Murray (the guy with the double backflip) about a year ago. He did 5th gear wheelies on my 450r through a parking lot. I definitely should have gotten his autograph, but I had no idea he was going to become famous in the near future. ha

NeverLiftRacing
04-24-2008, 11:19 PM
the double back flip is highly over rated! its 2 years old already

blacknblue#2
04-24-2008, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by 250xridamatt
I spent a weekend with Scott Murray (the guy with the double backflip) about a year ago. He did 5th gear wheelies on my 450r through a parking lot. I definitely should have gotten his autograph, but I had no idea he was going to become famous in the near future. ha

Ill do some 5th gear wheelies on your 450R if youll ask for my autograph hehe.......sorry not being a smartazz just goofin off

One_Bad_400
04-25-2008, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by NeverLiftRacing

over rated :confused: before that it was only done ONCE! if you think its highly over rated.. i'l like to see you do it... THEN if its so easy... then we'll stop thinkin it was so awesome :blah:

54warrior
04-25-2008, 07:56 AM
NOTHING that ANY of these freestyle riders do is OVER RATED in any way!!!

NeverLiftRacing
04-25-2008, 12:04 PM
Pastrana said it himself " the body varials and flip combos should beat the double flip because if the double keeps winning, the sport wont keep demanding the new tricks"

flyin#5
04-25-2008, 12:05 PM
murray has doubles down. travis really didnt... if you watched 199 lives he says he was ready to go out and "wad up" haha. being a crazy and talented individual he pulled it off clean, but if he and murray were to go out right now and see who could pull off more doubles consistanly my bet would be on murray. and whoever said it was overated needs to get out!

z400rida44
04-25-2008, 01:22 PM
wow that is absolutely rediculous. this is the kind of thing the sport needs to keep progressing.

quad2xtreme
04-25-2008, 01:35 PM
Pastrana said it himself " the body varials and flip combos should beat the double flip because if the double keeps winning, the sport wont keep demanding the new tricks"

Saying the double backflip is highly overrated is a completely different statement than your supporting comment. The first infers a low difficulty factor whereas the 2nd comment has to do with new trick development...or the expansion of tricks.

Given the double backflip has only won the best trick competition twice (the same number of times it has been successfully completed in competition as far as I know), it is hardly overrated. The difficulty is extremely high. Once the double backflip is mastered by many, the sport will progress...or those who don't want to attempt it will have to try something else equally dangerous.

jherbie28
04-25-2008, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
Saying the double backflip is highly overrated is a completely different statement than your supporting comment. The first infers a low difficulty factor whereas the 2nd comment has to do with new trick development...or the expansion of tricks.

Given the double backflip has only won the best trick competition twice (the same number of times it has been successfully completed in competition as far as I know), it is hardly overrated. The difficulty is extremely high. Once the double backflip is mastered by many, the sport will progress...or those who don't want to attempt it will have to try something else equally dangerous.

amen:p

travis is the man dude and will always be!!!!!!!!!! cant wait to hang out with him again this summer(thanks to buddy:macho)

ZeroLogic
04-25-2008, 11:02 PM

Damn, its been two years already? I could just remeber having my face glued to the tv watching that!

Quad18star
04-26-2008, 08:35 AM
Insane ... definately more balls than brains !!!!!!!:eek: