PDA

View Full Version : Alabama Racing?

07trx400ex
04-24-2008, 08:36 PM
Does anyone know of racing series in Alabama?

I want to start racing this summer on the weekends.

It can be any level and preferably in northeast Alabama.

Like, between Birmingham, Jacksonville, Oxford.

It can be any style of racing like XC or MX.

Does anyone know of great tracks in Northeast Alabama or riding areas, faster trails.

bcg717
04-24-2008, 09:12 PM
www.sequads.com Just what your looking for. MX though.

07trx400ex
04-24-2008, 09:28 PM
Thanks man!!!

About half of these are within an hour of me.

bcg717
04-24-2008, 09:31 PM
Also there is a place called Highland park in cedartown Ga. Great for XC practice. Its right on the AL/GA line. www.highlandparkresort.com

07trx400ex
04-24-2008, 09:43 PM
Wow, that is really close to me too.

I am really new to this, but want to get into more and more.

If you know of anymore racing type places that would be awesome.

I have mostly been riding Kentuck and powerlines and personal property buy I want to get into the racing scene.

Nothing major, just a few weekend warriors wanting to have a good time.

bcg717
04-24-2008, 09:51 PM
I know that if your into MX i would get with the guys on sequads. They are pretty much the only racing series for quads around down here. Highland park is great for XC training. All one way trails and never crowded on the trails. If you have a long weekend and dont mind a little drive check out Durhamtown. www.durhamtown.com Thousands of acres of trails, 7 different mx tracks, freestyle ramps and drag strip. Good luck.

MX450
04-25-2008, 06:50 AM
Yes come to SEquads... they need riders badly!!!

Scro
04-25-2008, 09:31 AM
If you want to get into XC, the closest series is probably going to be the Midsouth series (depending on where you live exactly). Their website is www.msws.org. We just finished up the winter series this past weekend, but they have a summer series with a couple races. I believe there is also a smaller Georgia series, but I'm not sure what the website is.

If you are serious about racing, let me know when you want to come to one, and I will show you the ropes. Also if you want to watch a real good race and get a sense of what its like, the GNCC will be at Loretta Lynn's this Saturday and Sunday. Quads on Sat., bikes on Sun. This is usually one of the biggest races of the year.

07trx400ex
04-25-2008, 11:29 AM
I am not going to be able to make any trips until after the May 10th because of my work/college schedule.

I wanted to try a few different places this summer, without dumping a ton of money into it.

bcg717
04-25-2008, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Scro
I believe there is also a smaller Georgia series, but I'm not sure what the website is.

That website is www.sorcs.net

07trx400ex
04-25-2008, 02:57 PM
Wow, thanks guys. This is really awesome to get feedback like this. I can't wait to start training and getting my quad setup for the first event I choose to go to.