PDA

View Full Version : Checking Intrest on a 07 DRR

born2ride14
04-24-2008, 07:32 PM
Were looking to switch to apex and gotta sell the drr. runs great needs nothing.it will have stock front tires and wheels.

it has
hi comp head
uni airfilter
snow hogs on douglas wheels
gusseted swinger
full clutch( forget whats in there)
renthal grips

the handlebar risers and hand gaurds are coming off

will include all stock parts

looking to get $2800 mabye

tell me if you think that my asking price is to high

idk what these things are going for but i got quite a bit in it

forgiven
04-24-2008, 08:20 PM
Which apex are you looking at and what could be so compelling to switch from DRR?

quadscrib
04-25-2008, 05:09 AM
The price is very high.

born2ride14
04-25-2008, 05:22 AM
we are looking to switch to the mxr or maybe the long travel

bulldogfallon
04-25-2008, 05:34 AM
1800 to 2000 to generate serious interest

Andyman17dad
04-25-2008, 05:47 AM
That's not really the best sales pitch for selling the quad.

:confused:

I'll give ya $400 for it!!

forgiven
04-25-2008, 06:46 AM
Why not put a LT kit on the DRR? I still think you will be money ahead in the long run plus enjoy better support.

Just a thought.

jread14
04-25-2008, 12:00 PM
Get ready to spend and extra $1,300 for shocks on top off the cost of the Apex long travel. The shocks on the long travel Apex are terrible and in no way even close to as good as the stock DRR shocks, and quite frankly that is not saying much. The non long travel bikes have about 5 inches of bump steer on each wheel as well. So add $2,000 to that one and you have the DC setup with Elkas shocks. I will post a picture of the bump steer when I get a chance. We are not an Apex owner but one of of my good friends has 4 of them, and I have in time done a ton of work on them for him. The funny thing is one of his boys still has the DRR 50 LC and wants his dad to sell his Apex 70 and get him a DRR 70 LC. The moral of the story is not to bash the Apex because they are a great bike, but I think you would be better off making some changes to your current bike. I see that you are running a Keihin 28. One of the best mini builders IMO told me that the best carb for the 90's is the Keihin PE24. Anything bigger you loose performance. Going with the smaller carb will give you quite a bit more hit out of the hole and a really strong mid range pull from what you have now.

born2ride14
04-25-2008, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by jread14
Get ready to spend and extra $1,300 for shocks on top off the cost of the Apex long travel. The shocks on the long travel Apex are terrible and in no way even close to as good as the stock DRR shocks, and quite frankly that is not saying much. The non long travel bikes have about 5 inches of bump steer on each wheel as well. So add $2,000 to that one and you have the DC setup with Elkas shocks. I will post a picture of the bump steer when I get a chance. We are not an Apex owner but one of of my good friends has 4 of them, and I have in time done a ton of work on them for him. The funny thing is one of his boys still has the DRR 50 LC and wants his dad to sell his Apex 70 and get him a DRR 70 LC. The moral of the story is not to bash the Apex because they are a great bike, but I think you would be better off making some changes to your current bike. I see that you are running a Keihin 28. One of the best mini builders IMO told me that the best carb for the 90's is the Keihin PE24. Anything bigger you loose performance. Going with the smaller carb will give you quite a bit more hit out of the hole and a really strong mid range pull from what you have now.

thax for the realy good info i think that what will do is just mod this one. and i ended up running the oko carb wich is fine now.thanx for the heads up

forgiven
04-25-2008, 03:22 PM
A sunworld carb makes a nice cheap upgrade as well. Since you already have the platform going with the LT setup seems like the no brainer.

For what you would have in cost after you sell yours and geting a Apex LT you could prolly get the whole setup and have MUCH better shocks when done.

jread14
04-25-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by 300maniac
thax for the realy good info i think that what will do is just mod this one. and i ended up running the oko carb wich is fine now.thanx for the heads up

No problem... IMO you have made a good decision. I would look at that PE 24 if you start doing some motor mods. From what I have been told it makes a huge difference. Good Luck!!!!