PDA

View Full Version : Edelbrock Carb?

alping45
04-24-2008, 05:08 PM
I am really considering getting an edelbrock carb for the ease of tunability but just dont quite understand how it works. Are they really that easy to tune in? They supposedly only have one circuit, this being the needle. So if you wanted to make an adustment at say 1/4 throttle by moving the needle position, wouldn't this affect all other throttle positions too? I think have my stock carb dialed in about as good as its going to get, but there are still "flat spots" in between the circuits and seems the edelbrock would eliminate this? Thaughts/experience?

Would be going on my '07 400ex with White bro's E2, powerbomb header and uni air filter.

04-25-2008, 07:15 AM
Mine is spot on.

Heres a schematic :

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i229/restinbeat/QUADZ/main_intro.jpg

REDRIDDER
04-25-2008, 09:18 AM
If you feel like it you can use the search for this carb, i have written up a few replies to other questions about the Edelbrock carb.I also own one and will never go back to a jeted carb. Tuneability is very easy and their are so many settings for one needle your bound to find the correct setting for your application without changing the needle size.16 lean settings and 16 rich all on one needle, 32 altogether that makes jetting a stock or non Edelbrock carb obsolete lol.

red_rider_069
04-25-2008, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by REDRIDDER
If you feel like it you can use the search for this carb, i have written up a few replies to other questions about the Edelbrock carb.I also own one and will never go back to a jeted carb. Tuneability is very easy and their are so many settings for one needle your bound to find the correct setting for your application without changing the needle size.16 lean settings and 16 rich all on one needle, 32 altogether that makes jetting a stock or non Edelbrock carb obsolete lol. no idea i thought about getting it but i got a big bore instead =) carb will be coming soon.. so let me know if you get it

REDRIDDER
04-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by red_rider_069
no idea i thought about getting it but i got a big bore instead =) carb will be coming soon.. so let me know if you get it so let you know if i get what?

red_rider_069
04-25-2008, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by REDRIDDER
so let you know if i get what? lol ment alpine.. if her gets and eldelbrock to let me know =)

REDRIDDER
04-25-2008, 09:55 AM
oic...lol