PDA

View Full Version : HardKor Hubs

ACEwrench
04-24-2008, 04:12 PM
Hey guys,

I have beeen talking to Hardkor about making front hubs for our KTMs. This will convert the hubs from a 4/144 bolt pattern (Yamaha) to a 4/110 (Honda) making the front and rear match. My question is how many people would actually spend the money to have matching wheels? We have already sent one of our front spindles and hubs as a template and they plan on making us a set. Making them commercially available is somewhat of a gamble for them as the quads are so new, that is why im asking who would truly be interested.

Thanks,
C.J.
ACE Racing

patrickj75
04-25-2008, 06:09 AM
the front pattern is Yamaha 4/156 from the factory so most people would probably want Honda 4/144 up front. i've already bought multiple pairs of Yamaha front wheels so i'm sticking with that for now.

ACEwrench
04-25-2008, 11:34 AM
i posted this on several forums and i guess i just got my bolt patterns messed up...thanks for the correction

Tastykake Kid
04-28-2008, 11:44 AM
I too have purchased several 4x156 wheels but I'd still switch in a heartbeat. I talked to RPM or PRM (in Prescott, AZ) about doing the same thing and they told me it would take them a few months. I didn't want to be without a hub for that long so I chose to roll with the 4x156's for now. For me, who ever gets a (quality) pair done first will get my business.

thump4863
04-28-2008, 12:04 PM
I dont understand why you would buy it? I could see if you had a bunch of HOnda fronts but if you already bought Yamaha fronts what does it matter?

ACEwrench
04-28-2008, 04:55 PM
to some people it wont make a difference...to us, for example, it will. we use multiple sets of rims for the different types of racing we do, and when we desert race, we will have up to 10 sets of tires and rims for a race...in the long run its cheaper for us to have matched sets of rims rather than Yamaha fronts, and Honda rears. To each his own, we thought it was a good idea....

I would like the people interested in set of hubs to please contact me, maybe we can do a group purchase to keep the cost down. these are all pre-production...with a natural finish, anodizing will up the cost considerably. pm me or call

Thanks,

775-209-5702
C.J.

thump4863
04-29-2008, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by ACEwrench
to some people it wont make a difference...to us, for example, it will. we use multiple sets of rims for the different types of racing we do, and when we desert race, we will have up to 10 sets of tires and rims for a race...in the long run its cheaper for us to have matched sets of rims rather than Yamaha fronts, and Honda rears. To each his own, we thought it was a good idea....

I would like the people interested in set of hubs to please contact me, maybe we can do a group purchase to keep the cost down. these are all pre-production...with a natural finish, anodizing will up the cost considerably. pm me or call

Thanks,

775-209-5702
C.J.

Makes sense. Good luck!