PDA

View Full Version : 2000 fourtrax 350 Won't Shift

hondaboy230
04-24-2008, 08:28 AM
Hey everyone, I am new to the forum i have been reading around for a while but i thought it was time to sign up. To the reason I am posting. I have a 2000 fourtrax that will not shift i have removed the electric motor and it is fine operates fine shifting up and down i pulled the little cover behind the mount surface and looked at the gears and there all in great shape. You can try the manual shift lever and it moves freely ( not seized) but does not shift the transmission. Anyone heard of this problem? I spoke with honda and they said there was a clutch recall back in 2000 i may have a problem there.. thing is the bike is stuck in gear if i push it it turns the engine over? but if i pull the engine over with the pull cord the engine turns over yet bike will not move. i am positive it is not electrical but clutch sounds like a possiblility? i got the machine for free from one of my uncles it was a plow machine comercially so its beat hard and i wanna just fix it as a second machine. neways thanx in advance for any ideas!

mustangguy6703
11-28-2008, 11:37 AM
I had an 02 rancher and it got to where it wouldnt shift at all and it was electric. it had around 6000 miles on it and i took it to a dealer and they adjusted the clutch and put a new sensor on it of some sort. At around 7800 miles it got to where i had to adjust the clutch everytime i rode it for it to shift right. im not sure it this is the same but try adjusting the clutch on it. the manuel tells you how to do it.