PDA

View Full Version : Venting about recent trends

Chino886
04-24-2008, 07:05 AM
Lately, I have seen quite a few people say that XYZ Builder is the best (other forums also).

Here are my observations of those comments:
1. Most are building their first 450R motor
2. Some are moving from a 400EX to a 450R
3. Some, if not all, have never had a built motor for
4. Most are the first to give advice having met all 3 of my previous observations

If you want to give advice to someone, preface it with "this is my first built motor" or "I was on a 400EX previously" or "I have never had motorwork done by anyone else".

I have built 2 different 450R motors and 1 400EX motor, all using different builders cause like suspension, "the best you know is the best you've tried"!

That is all I have to say on this topic!

Just my $.02! :)

tim colston
04-24-2008, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Chino886
Lately, I have seen quite a few people say that XYZ Builder is the best (other forums also).

4. Most are the first to give advice having met all 3 of my previous observations

If you want to give advice to someone, preface it with "this is my first built motor" or "I was on a 400EX previously" or "I have never had motorwork done by anyone else".

I have built 2 different 450R motors and 1 400EX motor, all using different builders cause like suspension, "the best you know is the best you've tried"!

Amen dave. I agree totally. FYI I will be paying soon on the stuff we agreed on. Unfortunalty it will prolly be next week, if you have a chance to sell in the mean time go ahead, I don't want you to have to wait on me.

Back to subject I am in total agreement.

T

Nick110
04-24-2008, 08:09 PM
Word to ya mother on that.

honda250xrider
04-24-2008, 08:33 PM
its not a bad things to have people phrase about there motor and give support to the engine builder who built it, but you are right having wars saying x is better than y is not right, simply most have not had the chance to compare agaisnt other builders out there.

chris46250r
04-24-2008, 08:34 PM
I agree Chino. And on the same note, I hate it when someone says XYZ Builder sux. The best parts, labor and machining that money can buy will still fail if an idiot does not know how to take care of it.

honda4life72
04-24-2008, 09:32 PM
i hate all the threads with 14 year olds who think they know everything about everything

TRX450RACER174
04-24-2008, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by honda4life72
i hate all the threads with 14 year olds who think they know everything about everything

I totally agree with you on that you chime in a thread to give someone advice and someone always contradicts what you have to say i think sometimes i shouldnt bother and see what the outcome is.

honda4life72
04-24-2008, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by TRX450RACER174
I totally agree with you on that you chime in a thread to give someone advice and someone always contradicts what you have to say i think sometimes i shouldnt bother and see what the outcome is. exactly

blacknblue#2
04-24-2008, 10:42 PM
Man when i was 14 i coulda gave a sh** less about gettin on a forum board hahah. i would come home from school, get my 400ex out of dads barn and ride till the sun went down, and usually a little more since i sometimes remembered my 400EX had lights where my CR never did haha. and when i had problems i would pull back in dads barn and start wrenchin...........thats where i learnt my little bit of knowledge from, SO if your under 14 dont try to give advice till you have spent at least about 150 friday nights shocking yourself and busting your nuckles all up when that standard size wrench slips off that metric bolt head for some reason hahahha sorry if that sounds stupid im just goofin off and tryin to increase my post number lol

klutch
04-25-2008, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by blacknblue#2
Man when i was 14 i coulda gave a sh** less about gettin on a forum board hahah. i would come home from school, get my 400ex out of dads barn and ride till the sun went down, and usually a little more since i sometimes remembered my 400EX had lights where my CR never did haha. and when i had problems i would pull back in dads barn and start wrenchin...........thats where i learnt my little bit of knowledge from, SO if your under 14 dont try to give advice till you have spent at least about 150 friday nights shocking yourself and busting your nuckles all up when that standard size wrench slips off that metric bolt head for some reason hahahha sorry if that sounds stupid im just goofin off and tryin to increase my post number lol

I turn 16 next month i wish i could ride 150 friday nights lol.

400exrider707
04-26-2008, 11:23 PM
Things seem different around here since the last time I visited...

Dave, what the he!! did I miss?:ermm:

TRX450RACER174
04-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Things seem different around here since the last time I visited...

Dave, what the he!! did I miss?:ermm:

I thought the same thing i havent been on for a couple of months and it seems different.

Nick110
04-28-2008, 05:58 PM
I thought the same thing i havent been on for a couple of months and it seems different.

There is a lot more uninformed people on here now that dont want to listen to what other knowledgeable people have to say. Its always been like this to an extent but now, to me it seems worse.

416exfreak
04-28-2008, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
There is a lot more uninformed people on here now that dont want to listen to what other knowledgeable people have to say. Its always been like this to an extent but now, to me it seems worse.

Its worse than it used to be...:chinese:

hungus07trx400
04-28-2008, 07:38 PM
Its not just forums, it's every aspect of life. Everyone wants to appear knowledgeable, and everyone gets their feelings hurt to easily. It's more noticeable on forums because its easy to argue behind a screen. Even places where people get PAID to be informed on something, like at an auto mechanics, they will sometimes disagree. Nobody has the world by the grapes, which is fine, but the problem is most people seem to think they do.

400exrider707
04-29-2008, 02:49 PM
I meant it was different because I noticed a certain someone was not around anymore, and for some reason all of his stickies are gone now too... shame:ermm: There was some good info in there!

my88r
04-29-2008, 02:55 PM
I meant it was different because I noticed a certain someone was not around anymore, and for some reason all of his stickies are gone now too... shame:ermm: There was some good info in there!

how is the certain someone.?

TRX450RACER174
04-29-2008, 03:09 PM

I just noticed things have changed in general, are you refering to Chad i have not seen him post in awhile.

Nick110
04-29-2008, 03:14 PM
I just noticed things have changed in general, are you refering to Chad i have not seen him post in awhile.

Probably has to do with him getting the boot.

TRX450RACER174
04-29-2008, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
Probably has to do with him getting the boot.

Man i was gone two months what did i miss please fill me in.:confused:

Nick110
04-29-2008, 03:37 PM
Man i was gone two months what did i miss please fill me in.:confused:

The mods got sick of him crossing the lines of the rules and always starting fights and what not. Basically the gist of it.

TRX450RACER174
04-29-2008, 03:39 PM
Got it but life goes on.

Flyin-Low
04-29-2008, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Chino886

If it bugs you.. ignore it.

Problem solved.

400exrider707
04-29-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Flyin-Low
If it bugs you.. ignore it.

Problem solved.

He does. I think he was just posting this to let others know. It was something that was always on my mind too. A lot of people who are new to the sport join this forum. They read on here and it would look like Honda and DRG are the only way to go. Sometimes it's nice to have a comparison, or choices. I hate when people are misinformed. I try to ignore all the threads about Diamond J custom widening kits... but I cant. :chinese:

Pappy
04-29-2008, 07:39 PM
No one got the boot

Stickies were cleaned up in many sections

Well rounded is the key word here. Its all fine and dandy as long as the person/company is getting all the spotlight, but its "anti whoever" the minute we step in and try to make "OUR" site a more balanced information machine.

Believe it or not, we think very little of the "who" and concentrate on the "why"

400exrider707
04-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
No one got the boot

Stickies were cleaned up in many sections

Well rounded is the key word here. Its all fine and dandy as long as the person/company is getting all the spotlight, but its "anti whoever" the minute we step in and try to make "OUR" site a more balanced information machine.

Believe it or not, we think very little of the "who" and concentrate on the "why"

Stickies were completely removed in the sections I frequented, and it's a shame because there was a ton of useful info in them. I'm assuming they were deleted by the original owner... but who knows. Props to the mods for sticking to the rules and making it fair for everyone though.

TRX450RACER174
04-29-2008, 07:58 PM
Stickies were completely removed in the sections I frequented, and it's a shame because there was a ton of useful info in them. I'm assuming they were deleted by the original owner... but who knows. Props to the mods for sticking to the rules and making it fair for everyone though.

They should of been moved to a archive instead of being deleted cause i also used them for quick good info but oh well no biggie.

Pappy
04-29-2008, 08:06 PM
when a sticky is "un-stickied" it falls back in the section based on the last posting date. some stickies had not been replied to in 6 months!

they were not deleted..as i previously stated. please get the facts before making accusations.

300ex_#387
04-29-2008, 08:35 PM
I try to ignore all the threads about Diamond J custom widening kits... but I cant. :chinese:

Haha.....That make me chuckle...

TRX450RACER174
04-29-2008, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
when a sticky is "un-stickied" it falls back in the section based on the last posting date. some stickies had not been replied to in 6 months!

they were not deleted..as i previously stated. please get the facts before making accusations.

You just stated stickies were cleaned up in all sections if thats how it works sorry i wasn't trying to make accusations i was just misinformed on how it worked geeez.