PDA

View Full Version : Running like dogshiite!! Help

RaginRedneck
04-23-2008, 09:49 PM
Ok,
Made some changes to my bike and jetted to a 155 main, 40 pilot, needle stock, screw 2 turns out. Bike ran like a champ!! But after my first race I pulled the plug and it seemed a little lean. So I backed the Screw out to 2 1/4 total. Next I was running way to rich. So I went back to 2 turns out.

Know the bike doesn't want to fire and is flooding out. If it's cold I can get it to fire with full choke, then it backfires and pops and dies and I can't get it to fire again. I changed the plug, but it did the same thing. The new plug seemed a little fouled, but nothing that should keep it from running.

ANY IDEAS????? I plan on racing this weekend!!!

1 thing that did happen was that I left the key on overnight and killed the battery. Leaving the key on doesn't screw up any of the electrical circuit does it?? If it did I couldn't imagine how it would still fire, even briefly.

Help anyone???

RaginRedneck
04-24-2008, 12:27 AM
bump....because I really need the help

Pappy
04-24-2008, 02:51 AM
sounds like you may need a new spark plug seeing you stated "way to rich"

when you set the A/F screw, did you go all the way in and then back out? I would recheck that first. Then start looking for any airleaks caused by working on the carb, make sure the airboots are sealed.

UNBROKEN
04-24-2008, 01:28 PM
to check for leakes use carb cleaner or some kind or spray in that nature and spray around the carb boot in the motor side and it the rpm increases u have a leak

Dew2008
04-24-2008, 01:51 PM
Change The Plug, If you ran way to rich you fouled it.

RaginRedneck
04-24-2008, 06:54 PM
I changed the plug already, and still had the same problem. I'm leaning towards there being a vacuum leak. I checked spark, good to go there. So I'm hoping that upon reassembly I screwed up a line or something.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for the input everyone!