PDA

View Full Version : Almost done jetting, have some questions.

zdowell
04-23-2008, 04:23 PM
decided to jet my bike. Gonna throw in a 42 pilot to help out with the cold starting. As for the main jet I think im going to put in a 152 or 155. My mods are Air Box lid on, K&N filter, and a e-series slip on. Im not entirely sure what main to use. From reading countless threads, people used something around there.

My questions are:

What main jet should I use?

Do I leave the needle alone?

Should mess with the fuel screw?

Thanks for the help, I need to get this taken care of before I leave for Little Sahara.

zdowell
04-24-2008, 07:52 AM
elevation is around 500. How many of you move the needle around when jetting with so little mods?

zdowell
04-24-2008, 01:34 PM
My problem is when i stab the throttle sometimes it will hesitate and bog alittle. ive been reading a few post, and it seems that would be my pilot? I havn't had time to play with the fuel screw, or change any jets yet. At full throttle it seems fine, just idling and when I first hit the throttle. I'll pull the plug soon as I have time to see what it looks like.

zdowell
04-25-2008, 12:26 PM
NO help at all with this one?

coryatver
04-25-2008, 12:36 PM
I would put in the 155 main, 42 pilot, 2.5 turns out on the air screw and leave the needle alone and it should run great.

hornetgod13
04-25-2008, 12:38 PM
I think everyones tired of answering all the jetting threads.

With your set up I suggest:
40K Pilot
155K Main (might go down to 152K)
Needle on middle slot (might lower one slot)

Backfiring on deceleration will tell you the pilot circuit is lean. You would need to back out the fuel screw (up to 3 1/2 turns from lightly seated) or go up another pilot jet size.

Each quad's jetting is different but, that should be close. Plug check it afterwards and go from there.