PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust opinions

Flyin_250r
04-23-2008, 01:14 PM
Im going to be doing a Leager yz426 build and was just wondering what everyones opinions are as far as exhaust goes. Thanks....

mcarlson1
04-23-2008, 01:33 PM
A lot of the pics ive seen of these bikes on here have alot of TC Racing exhausts. Maybe call him and see if he still makes them and see if he'll make you one or you might be able to find one on here in the sales section or ask around maybe someone i gonna part there bike out soon and you might get lucky.

Mike

iraq66
04-23-2008, 02:26 PM
i got a white bros off a 450r and fab it up to fit i bought it off this site for 50 buxs

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w262/brent426ex/DSC01960.jpg

Flyin_250r
04-23-2008, 03:59 PM
Yeah i had heard about TC exhaust. The only problem ive heard about them is they are quite loud. Id rather something toned down a touch. Just wondering what some people suggest, or if anyone has anything forsale thats already fabricated than post it. I dont mind getting an exhaust fabricated if i have too. Just wondering what people prefer or speak highly of.....

iraq66
04-23-2008, 04:14 PM
i had a TC and hated it just b/c it was soooo loud it hurt my ears at times.......soooo ill sell it to you if you want haha

Flyin_250r
04-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Its alright man im def enough. Ill have to pass on the tc. What do you think of that White bros? I was thinking about buying a new exhaust and getting it fabricated up.... Not positive what brand yet though. Just looking for some suggestions.

iraq66
04-23-2008, 10:07 PM
i love my WB not to load and looks good

dehner47
04-24-2008, 10:12 AM
i have a walsh 426 and i'm running a yfz450 yosh exhaust.they will fit right up.i have also used my white brothers carbon fiber exhaust on that bike also.any yzf450 exhaust will fit.if its a 250r geometry frame,just check the exhaust near the radiator house.i melted mine on the first ride.just route the house away from the exhaust.easy fix..

Flyin_250r
04-24-2008, 10:48 AM
It is a 250r geo frame. Cr500 rear link. There was no mods needed to fit the yfz exhaust? Have any pics by any chance? How would you compare it to the WB? Thanks.

dehner47
04-24-2008, 12:59 PM
you should need no mods at all.well maybe just that radiator line.but thats simple.jrspawn built the bike for me so i only have a pic from when it was being built.hope it helps..

Flyin_250r
04-24-2008, 01:53 PM
Real nice quad. He seriously does the nicest builds ive seen. Everyone of his turns out insane. I think ill end up taking your advice and going with the yfz450 exhaust. Probably actually will end up being a nice Yosh exhaust. Thanks for the advice and help, i appreciate it.

dehner47
04-24-2008, 02:23 PM
thanks boss.appreciate that.and justin does do nice work.recommend him to anyone who wants a hybrid.shot out to jrspawn:D

i'd say go for it.its alot easier trying to find a nice yfz450 exhaust then it is to find a nice custom exhaust for a 426.good luck with it bro.and no problem at all.i may not know alot, but i know alot about a little.:confused:

jrspawn
04-24-2008, 11:53 PM
What up nick? Thanks for the compliments guys!

As for the yfz exhuast working on the hybrid frames, like nick stated with the walsh yz chassis a few of the yfz450 pipes will work(rear mount point might be a little off, nice thing with th yoshi it has an ajustable mount bassically). As for other chassis, just be very carefull, id recomend borrowing a yfz pipe setup and try it first. Some of the other companies mounting of the subframe(esp. laegers yzf chassis) is a little different and can cause a clearance issue. But none the less a yfz450 exhuast is you best bet or starting poing for a YZF cr500 link chassis.

Heres a few more pic of nicks quad after the build that shows the exhuast. Fit perfect and looks great!

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/jrspawn/TCWalshbuildnick10031.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/jrspawn/TCWalshbuildnick10061.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/jrspawn/TCWalshbuildnick10191.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/jrspawn/TCWalshbuildnick10011.jpg

Thank you
Justin

Flyin_250r
04-25-2008, 05:47 AM
Justin,

Nice build like always. I hardly ever see any hybrid frames listed, i have no idea where you come up with them. But every build you do is insane.

I was told that the Leager frames need a Leager steering stem. Maybe you know of somewhere/someone who i could find one from? I saw that Leager you had built with those blue fullbore fenders. I like that nice clean look. I have red fullbore fenders, but they are fairly scuffed up so i put some k&k graphics and seat cover on them and a Ma ul tech carbon scooped hood. Ideally id like to get a set of white or blue plastics to go on the candy blue frame.

Thanks for all the help and advice. I appreciate it. Im sure ill have more questions as i go.

By the way Nick. Enjoy that quad, it looks like a serious setup.

Justin, do you have any pics of the intake setup on Nicks build by any chance?

Thanks