PDA

View Full Version : VAPOR on RZ350

sc400ex_rider
04-23-2008, 08:49 AM
this is pretty sweet <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/keaHd3_mecM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/keaHd3_mecM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Iliketogofast
04-23-2008, 03:34 PM
I have one on my 250R.

It has never worked right. It can't get enough power from the stator to run properly. If you wire it to the lights, it cuts out, and if you wire it to the stator it blinks.

It works if you disconnect the power wire and run it by battery though. (It has a little watch battery)

I assume that if you use it on something with an actual onboard battery then you wouldn't have many problems, but it's been a pretty big pain in the *** for me.

wilkin250r
04-23-2008, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Iliketogofast
I have one on my 250R.

It has never worked right. It can't get enough power from the stator to run properly. If you wire it to the lights, it cuts out, and if you wire it to the stator it blinks.

It works if you disconnect the power wire and run it by battery though. (It has a little watch battery)

I assume that if you use it on something with an actual onboard battery then you wouldn't have many problems, but it's been a pretty big pain in the *** for me.

If you're willing to do some legwork, I'm willing to help.

If you can get me a video similar to the one posted, fairly good quality so I can actually SEE what's happening, and how it's connected, I'll help you design a filter that should fix those problems.

Iliketogofast
04-24-2008, 06:58 AM
Thanks Wilkin. It's torn apart right now, I'm doing a restoration kind of.

I was thinking about just leaving it off when I put it back together but if you'll help me fix it, I'll post the vids and stuff when I get it back together.

GPracer2500
04-24-2008, 09:21 AM
An RZ with real suspenders is sweet. That fancy speed-o-meter is neat too. ;)