PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Key With Toggle Switch

dustin_j
04-23-2008, 07:17 AM
My key switch quit working last weekend (now it only works if you get the key at just the right angle) so I was thinking of wiring in a toggle switch instead. What do you guys recommend for toggle switches, or is there a better switch? I'm sure I can figure out how to wire it, but any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Dustin

mittman
04-23-2008, 01:24 PM
friend did the same thing on his z 400 and has been on there for a couple of months and no problems gets washed about 3-4 times a week but its going to start to rust after awhile if it was me i would just use a toggle switch

Pappy
04-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Sooooooo what happens when the toggle switch gets hit when you need the quad running the most? Like going up or down a hill, across a field ..on a track etc? A sudden shut off unexpectedly usually results in a big issue:p

You can a replacement switch and key off ebay for near nothing!

gcart2
04-23-2008, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Sooooooo what happens when the toggle switch gets hit when you need the quad running the most? Like going up or down a hill, across a field ..on a track etc? A sudden shut off unexpectedly usually results in a big issue:p

You can a replacement switch and key off ebay for near nothing!

How do you find the time to post in like every single thread. you are like... super Pappy. :p

08Honda400ex
04-23-2008, 06:04 PM
makes it easier for someone to jack