PDA

View Full Version : race gas.....

JRP
04-23-2008, 04:56 AM
well im pickin up 2 new 08' ltrs later this week or weekend and my question is..... both will have the cb, air filter lid off, and baffel out for now, and do i need to run race gas or is 93 ok? I run 110 in my honda, but thats because it has a full race motor in it. Thanks

660LE
04-23-2008, 07:39 AM
regular gas will be fine with those mods. you will only need race gas when you start to bump the compression up.

Fred55
04-23-2008, 08:23 AM
93 will be fine, When you do decide to bump up the compression do some research on what gas you will be using. I think the fuel filters clog a bit more often with certain brands of race fuel.

JRP
04-23-2008, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Fred55
93 will be fine, When you do decide to bump up the compression do some research on what gas you will be using. I think the fuel filters clog a bit more often with certain brands of race fuel.

alright thanks, that will deffinately save me alot of money! 40 bucks for 5 gallons of cam2 gets old after a while! lol What comp. piston do you guys suggest. I have a 14:1 on my honda, but im not gonna go that route. I was thinking 13.5:1

LTR450_#67
04-23-2008, 10:57 AM
You're going to want to look into a fuel controller if your going to mod it.....preferably a Power Commander 3 (PC3). Then you'll have to take it to a dyno to get it tuned. I don't want to tell you how to build your engine, but from what I have researched..... with a DASA exhaust, FUELATV intake, PC3, and a Hot Cam Intake cam you can get about 53Hp on a stock piston with most dyno's.

JRP
04-23-2008, 12:08 PM
Damn, those are very impressive numbers! I think my honda is putting out around that much now, but with alot more work done to it! I am deffinately going with DASA since they sponsor me, and I will deffinately look at the powercommander! For right now though, all I am planning on doing is for the race quad, a front/rear end, exhaust, CB, nerfs, bars, stabilizer. Then once I get all of that on, i will think about cam/PC3, but i know ill end up with the PC3 real soon!

05Z400rdr
04-23-2008, 07:28 PM
Hey man, nice to see you in the ltr section now ;) My engine is stock right now, and I run premium in it when I'm riding and practicing. When I'm racing, we drain it and run VP U4.2. Even though I still have stock compression, the dyno read that it gave my bike one more horsepower. Sometimes, 70 bucks doesn't seem just quite worth it for 5 gallons to gain 1 horse, haha, that's why it is nice to get a discount :)