PDA

View Full Version : Help Please Quick

hanzito
04-22-2008, 09:37 PM
I need pictures or instructions for installing the subframe connector kit to the typhoon. I have a big sand ridding weeknd leaving friday morning. and i cant figure out the darn kit. please someone help me with pictures or instalation instructions.

Troy Leuthard
04-23-2008, 08:37 PM
You have to pull you motor, loosen the upper main spine bolt that is neat you stem, them slip the four holes if the brace over the the lower motor mount studs. It helps at this point to run a couple temp. bolts through to keep it from popping off. Because now you have to contort you arms and fingers in ways you probably shouldn't.

The three collars have to go on top if your brake support stud.
( this is where you want that spine bolt loose.) Thread each allen bolt loosely until all of the them are connected.

Reinstall motor after removing temp bolts and snugging spine bolt.
Thread each lower motor mount bolt until all are loosly thread.

Now tighten all bolts.
And have a beer
If you frame is twisted it is a bear to do!!

Remember blue locktite

God lusk watch the language while working around the kid during this installation:)

markvette
04-24-2008, 08:29 AM
i have done about 15 of these and all were a real pain. i never pulled the motor completely just took all the motor mount bolts out so i could slip the brace under the motor. none have been a perfect fit but with a lot of patience and cussing it will go.

Mark

hanzito
04-24-2008, 09:29 AM
pictures would be really helpfull

markvette
04-24-2008, 06:22 PM
dont know if this will help but it was the only pic i could find of the ones i done.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n246/quaddad1958/100_1333.jpg