PDA

View Full Version : Starter just buzzes?

QUADROOKIE
04-22-2008, 07:31 PM
ot really the starter, but like the relay maybe? Had a bad mud race sunday, and started and ran fine afterwards to unload from the trailer. Well the wife washed it for me yesterday, and now when I try to start it it just buzzes. Doesn't sound like a weak or dead battery, it is a "strong" buzz sound. Is there a relay that maybe has issues with water leaking in that may cause this?

jimmy7120
04-24-2008, 03:34 PM
have you already checked to ensure your connections are tight?

I had a loose connection and mine was buzzing too.

450raider
04-25-2008, 07:46 AM
oh man its odd that you say mud race because i was doin some muddin on my ex a few days ago and it clicked when i tried to start it (not the kfx...yet), so anyway i found that somehow dried up dirt got in between the wire and battery terminals so i took the battery out and cleaned everything where it was metal to metal again and greased it all and now its fine. thought is pass this along

Bajakawi
04-25-2008, 11:35 AM
Most likely just a bad connection somewhere...water should not make it buzz...if it did every quad out there would be buzzing!lol...I bet you have a loose connection either at the starter or the battery terminal..I checked all my bolts/nuts and found many that were questionable...start at the battery and work your way back from there.