PDA

View Full Version : Need HELP Fast !!!!!

norcalduner
04-22-2008, 07:17 PM
I am putting together an ESR 310 using a Vforce3, CR 250 intake boot and 38 a/s carb on a stock 88 frame. The issue is that I CANNOT :( get the air filter box boot to line up due to the extreme angle of the carb. I NEED to get this thing running by this weekend. PLEASE help!!!!

Iliketogofast
04-22-2008, 08:13 PM
Take a picture of what is wrong.

I did this exact thing almost and had no problems, except I have a Rad valve and a 39 PWK. Do you have something on backwards or something?

norcalduner
04-22-2008, 09:01 PM
Here is a pic. The inatke manifold above is a brand new CR250 while the one Im holding is the stock TRX.

Aceman
04-22-2008, 09:03 PM
A reed spacer will give you just enough play to fudge the air boot on. This is the reason my CR rad was only installed for a brief amount of time before I changed over to a TRX rad. I hate fudging...

norcalduner
04-22-2008, 09:31 PM
Where do I place the reed spacer? In between the manifold and reed cage OR reed cage and cylinder :confused: ?

Also, is there any other options besides using a spacer:( ? I have 4 days (nights really) left still to figure this out.

86 Quad R
04-23-2008, 06:47 AM
i replied to your thread on the other site. :cool:

Iliketogofast
04-23-2008, 06:56 AM
The spacer goes in between the cage and the cylinder.

Since you only have 4 days before your ride, you may try extending the rubber intake with another piece of rubber hose. The ideal way to do it would be to get a piece that is the exact same size as the intake then get a piece that will fit over it. Then put it together, so that the path from the carb to the intake is the same size all the way through.

Otherwise there would probably be problems.

Make sure that the hose is tolerant of gas before you use it. If the rubber melted and it got into the crank you'd be screwed.