PDA

View Full Version : 450r HRC tip

dirkparsons
04-22-2008, 03:31 PM
Dumb question maybe but is the HRC tip for the 450r just a bigger diameter? if so could i just remove the spark arrestor and leave the stock tip on there?

I have a K&N filter but i'm not ready ($) to buy an exhasust yet, just wanted to know if i could open it up a bit this way for now.

04-22-2008, 05:55 PM
yeah you can take it out. i rode mine like that for the longest time, shouldn't hurt anything. sounds better too;)

BlaineKaiser450
04-22-2008, 06:16 PM
yepp, or just pull everything off the end. That pretty much triples the size of the exhaust

blasterfreak99
04-22-2008, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by BlaineKaiser450
yepp, or just pull everything off the end. That pretty much triples the size of the exhaust

yea but then you have almost no back-pressure. take the baffle out and put the end cap back on, thats what i did. you will have to re jet though. its already jetted a little on the lean side from the factory and then when you take the baffle out it makes it even leaner

BlaineKaiser450
04-22-2008, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by blasterfreak99
yea but then you have almost no back-pressure i ran mine like that for almost a year and nothing hapened

blasterfreak99
04-22-2008, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by BlaineKaiser450
i ran mine like that for almost a year and nothing hapened

im not saying it will tear it up im just saying that you will lose torque when your back pressure is that low. now if you had lots of motor work done, and you also had a better flowing intake, ports, and carb then yea it MIGHT improve the performance but i doubt it. you would prolly just be better off leaving it on.

dirkparsons
04-23-2008, 06:52 AM
Hey thanks guys thats good news, I will just take it out and leave the end cap on... any idea's as where to start re-jetting.

I just have K&n filter + spark arrestor removed.

04-23-2008, 03:06 PM
i didn't rejet at all, felt no loss in power either

blasterfreak99
04-24-2008, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by dirkparsons
Hey thanks guys thats good news, I will just take it out and leave the end cap on... any idea's as where to start re-jetting.

I just have K&n filter + spark arrestor removed.

sorry i dont know about that lol. im still trying to get mine straightened out. they say to run around a 165 main, 52 pilot and a 55 leak jet if you take the airbox lid off but im not sure about with it on