PDA

View Full Version : what happend

drxracing
04-22-2008, 03:26 PM
I got a 90 drx a/c with a 53 mm bore and this weekend my son
had race ran real good lead the first race and most of the second race and on the last lap it turned off on him pull the choke out and fired up now a buddy of mine told me it did that cuz of the gas i ran and makes a whisker on the plug and dose not let it get spark till i choke it is this true never had this problem plez help

drxracing
04-23-2008, 01:11 AM
com on some one has to reply guys

forgiven
04-23-2008, 06:58 AM
Got a picture of the plug?

drxracing
04-23-2008, 09:26 AM
no i dont man but i can get one how do i up load it on here?
the plug is tan color

jetski_dawg
04-23-2008, 10:07 AM
id check your compression first...then intake for leaks

Nichols Atvs
04-23-2008, 10:13 AM
Get a photobucket account its free, then you can post pics.
Plug color tan to white or more tan to brown black . dosnt sound like it was carboning up to me if its tan color. check all your grounds. and also check your kill tether also he could have hit the switch on the handle bar, put a screw in it or tape over it. .You may have had some old gas that can mess things up. Buy only what you will burn from the given time. i never run fuel older than two weeks . That gets domped into the lawn tractor for speedy mowing. Air filer maybe dirty and could have sucked in some dirt .try cleaning the carb
Im assumeing that you just put the 53mm cylinder .

drxracing
04-23-2008, 11:17 AM
yes i did put in the 53mm and also ported it. The plug is more tan to brown black i am going to set up the photobucket so i can post the pics ok thank

hotquads1
04-23-2008, 02:56 PM
check to see if your gas cap is venting properly. if it cranks up with choke after it was warm , sounds like a lean condition has occured for some reason , trash in carb , not venting, low on fuel, float level? etc.
marc

bulldogfallon
04-23-2008, 09:35 PM
Sounds like it could be a vent issue as Marc stated...

I had this issue the other day on our 50...

When it stopped I removed the nut on the bottom of the bowl and fuel poured out, but after the fuel in the bowl poured out no other fuel continued to drain, so I knew the vent was not working on the gas cap overflow.

Changed the vent line and it now it runs just fine

drxracing
04-24-2008, 12:43 AM
cool thanks guys i will check that out frist thing in the morning i would do it now but i dont think my nighbors would like dat lol

drxracing
04-27-2008, 02:52 AM
i found a crack on the fuel line that comes from the tank to carb
i replaced it with a new one and dam the quad felt it had better
throttle response but what you guys think

wrhracing
04-27-2008, 04:41 AM
Replace the fuel filter to, and do what the other guys said.