PDA

View Full Version : real HP numbers

racerMX
04-22-2008, 01:45 PM
We are about to dyno our Ds450 in a week or so. We are waiting for the PC3 so we can control fuel. Right now we have a rossier full exhaust system, intake kit, 13.75:1 piston and TM Motorsports head porting. We have also designed a better intake system but we will not talk about that untill we can prove it. Stay tuned for some real numbers.

Tony Mommone
TM Motorsports
www.myspace.com/tonymommone

jeepeater347
04-22-2008, 03:22 PM
Did you do a baseline stock run before you added all the mods?

RosquistRacer39
04-22-2008, 03:53 PM
Also I was wondering if you've put any real hard seat time in on the bike and encountered any overheating or other issues with the motor?

racerMX
04-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by jeepeater347
Did you do a baseline stock run before you added all the mods?

We will have all the baseline readings from another stock bike. We have two of them, one modded and one stock. So when we do them, we will do them both.

racerMX
04-22-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by RosquistRacer39
Also I was wondering if you've put any real hard seat time in on the bike and encountered any overheating or other issues with the motor?

Yes we have had a few weeks of seat time on the bike and we did encounter the "limp mode" of the quad. We are working with one of the can-am teams to solve the problem. It is a feature in the CDI if thats what you want to call it. The CDI's are re-programed not to go into limp mode and therefore eleminate the problem. But you need a factory wire loom to fix the problem and I'm trying like hell to get my hands on one.

ds450
04-22-2008, 07:46 PM
I cant wait to see and what is puts out! I have the rossier exhaust and I love it besides its really loud but oh well. Im waiting for the PC3 too because I disconneted the pink wire and mine ran alot worse with the pink wire cut. And I had a motoworks filter in mine and it filled my motor with sand so I need a new top end and idk what kind im getting yet.

RosquistRacer39
04-22-2008, 09:35 PM
Thanks for being honest, Im in the market for a new 450 but it has to be my race and practice bike. And with a wife and kids there isn't much extra $$ to be rebuilding my quad every week. So I am researching all the bikes, finding there flaws to help with my decision. Most trail riders say how great bikes are but never put them through the punishment racers do.

racerMX
04-23-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by RosquistRacer39
Thanks for being honest, Im in the market for a new 450 but it has to be my race and practice bike. And with a wife and kids there isn't much extra $$ to be rebuilding my quad every week. So I am researching all the bikes, finding there flaws to help with my decision. Most trail riders say how great bikes are but never put them through the punishment racers do.

Well we have every kind of race quad out there. We have people that race yamaha, honda, kawasaki, can-am and suzuki. I have personaly built everyone of these quads and the one with the most problems is the suzuki and the one with the least is the honda. I have had the same problem with the suzuki 3 times and it turned out to be 3 different problems. If the honda doesn't run, it's spark, no compresion or fuel. I just got done building a kawasaki and for me I like that one. The can-am is by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar the worst one to work on. You have to pull thr motor to take the head of and the cylinder does not have cut-a-ways on the sides so you can get the piston in easy. "IT SUCKS" If I was going to get a new quad to race it would be a honda or kawasaki. If you need any other help in knowing what kind of issues they are having just ask.

Tony Mommone
TM Motosports
561-712-9300
www.myspace.com/tonymommone

ThePhantomRider
04-23-2008, 03:30 PM
You want the limp mode if you are not racing. I've already heard how well it worked during testing and it can save someone a ton of money if you suddenly lose water or your radiator gets plugged up.

For racing, you'll want to remove it simply because you are pushing the quad to higher temps which may trigger the limp mode and that is not something you want to have happen in the middle of an important race.

TPR

ds450
04-25-2008, 06:24 AM
How are you able to get rid of limp mode? And is can am making a hookup so you can go into the stock ecm and change the fuel mapping?

racerMX
04-25-2008, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by ds450
How are you able to get rid of limp mode? And is can am making a hookup so you can go into the stock ecm and change the fuel mapping?

I have a good friend that works for a factory can-am team and he is helping me with getting rid of limp mode.I am not sure just yet about the factory hook up for fuel and ignition changes but I know there is a place to hook it up.

jeepeater347
05-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Did you get it on the dyno yet?

racerMX
05-03-2008, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by jeepeater347
Did you get it on the dyno yet?
not yet in a week or two.