PDA

View Full Version : ltr set ups?

ragemachine
04-22-2008, 10:01 AM
i really like the ltr, and could get used to not having reverse, but how are you guys able to ride out in the desert or in tight mtn trails? i have a z400 and bang rocks and trees and i know it sits higher. i did talk to a guy at the last grand prix he said he put bigger back tires on, which gave him more clearance, and added 1 tooth in the front for the gearing. does this sound right? or am i just making to much of it. for the $ and all the stuff you can do to the ltr it is just a great quad. my other options are kaw 450, pol 525irs, rapt 700, all have rev, clearance so on....thanks for any input

Bpenrod
04-22-2008, 02:04 PM
I know this is an LTR forum but man LTR hands down. You won't even sweat not having reverse. With everything that the Suzuki has stock it just blows the others out of the water on overall cost. The handling is amazing.

ragemachine
04-25-2008, 08:58 AM
bpenrod thanks for the reply, i was hoping for a bigger response. i ride alot of desert in so cal, mtn trails and fire roads. i know the ltr is bad ***-add the cherry bomb and yosh exhaust, and price is great to other quads. but if i do not ride it at the track will it be ok for the type of riding i will be doing? hoping other people give me ideas. thanks

DortonRacing
04-25-2008, 09:05 AM
I have a complete woods ltr. the rear has z400 hubs the front has lsr arms, fox shocks. I have seen some guys run the stock with bigger tires throught the woods, but if you want to be narrow and not have to fix this bike up i would say go with the KTM 525, it has reverse, power, narrow good shocks, I would love to have on but the 8000 just kills it, will get one in a couple of year tho.

Robin Hood
04-26-2008, 03:59 AM
I ran my stock LTR on a local harescramble last Sunday and took home 2nd place. It was my first race ever and the trails were a little wider than some other GNCC's but I kept up w/ B+A class riders on KTM's. If you're strictly XC then take the KTM, but if you want the extra width, try the LTR out. Pull the baffle and throw the Cherry Bomb in it and you got yourself a pretty powerful machine. :)