PDA

View Full Version : please help..buying ltr

f150mann
04-22-2008, 07:07 AM
i sold my 400ex, and im looking at a ltr a dealer took on trade, i didnt get to see it yet its a fair drive away, but he emailed me telling me about it, said it has a athena big bore kit, pipe, and nerfs, etc.

thing im wondering about is fuel injection and being reliable with the big bore running lean.

how can i tell if its already set up and tuned good?? i dont wanna buy something ill have to mess with to get it to run good and safe. if it is already mapped to run nice, i would love it and leave it as is.

thanks guys!

Bpenrod
04-22-2008, 09:11 AM
either way.... its only 80 bucks or so to get it on a Dyno and that will map it perfectly. I have the athena bore kit on my bike as well i love it. it adds alot of torque!! Congrats on the upgrade to an LTR

f150mann
04-22-2008, 10:31 AM
thanks man, buy the problem is i dont have a dyno ANYWHERE near here... it sucks!!! how bad would it be on it without being tuned?

Bpenrod
04-22-2008, 12:51 PM
quite honestly, my bike right now is NOT tuned. I am running stock fuel curve on my bike since installing the big bore kit and idles a little low so i just pulled down the hot start and it runs fine. I just got a new pipe tho so i figured it would be nice to get it all tuned right. But really not a huge deal. LTR's are amazing man dont pass up a good deal!!