PDA

View Full Version : Perfomance for my car

L0w3r55
04-22-2008, 06:26 AM
What are some things that i can do to increase the preformance of my car? Its a breeze btw.

L0w3r55
04-22-2008, 06:27 AM
also does anyone know of companies that make aftermarket headlights and taillights?

pro-rider46
04-22-2008, 01:31 PM
what year?
what type of engine?
what are you plans?
do you want to keep it on a budget?

answer a few of these and it will be a little more helpful to everyone.

04-22-2008, 01:43 PM
Remove air box and put a cone filter in the intake tube. I used a spare k&n off my 400ex for my eclipse which it fit perfect.

L0w3r55
04-22-2008, 01:57 PM
oh its a 1999 2.0 liter, i just want it to be more peppy and sporty, not anymore than a grand for all the parts. this is gonna be occuring over a couple of months, so i'll have the money for it.

04-22-2008, 02:24 PM
Ebay has body kits for $500. Front lights for under $100 and rear lights for $60+ and yo ucould get one of them weld/clamp on fart cans from auto zone for $30. It only costs about 300 to have a kit painted. Thats about $1000 their.

pro-rider46
04-22-2008, 02:32 PM
i would check out some junk yards, and get a turbo

Nick110
04-22-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by bajaracer21
Ebay has body kits for $500. Front lights for under $100 and rear lights for $60+ and yo ucould get one of them weld/clamp on fart cans from auto zone for $30. It only costs about 300 to have a kit painted. Thats about $1000 their.

Are you trying to get him made fun of?

He said performance not rice stuff. I would get intake, cams, reprogram the computer.

04-22-2008, 04:04 PM
You mean one of these?

http://www.web2carz.com/images/nctd/99breeze.jpg

Honestly, theres nothing really you can do. An intake and exhaust wont give you any more noticeable power, with out a chip at least. Then I doubt any companies make any aftermarket parts for your car, like chips etc. You could turbo it, but thats like 3 g's, and would honestly be a waste. If you want something sporty and peppy sell it and buy a 90's era Jap car, Integra, 240sx etc, or a VW golf or GTI.

But if you really want to do something to your car, you can always buy ebay rice. Which is what your probably only going to find.

04-22-2008, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Nick110

Not trying to be a dick, but if someone was talking to me about there Plymouth that has any kind of "performance" part on it, I would giggle. Unless its something serious, like a swap or turbo.

NJ450rider
04-22-2008, 05:15 PM
I had an all motor plymouth neon that did 14 flats on street tires. Im sure it would have done high 13's on slicks. Of course i had every mod you could think of but cams and pistons. It was also gutted to just sheet metal inside.

The engine in your car is the same engine thats in a neon. Is it a 2.0L sohc or dohc? Is it an automatic or manual?

If you really want to shock tons of people and turn heads i would save my money for either a Hahn Racecraft turbo kit or find an SRT4 engine/wiring harness out of a junkyard.

The SRT4 engine would be the most fun. Swapping one in a 1st gen neon itll run 12's on street tires. Im sure in a cloud car it would be low 13's

Nemo racing makes a kit to swap an srt4 engine into a 1st gen neon. Lucky you its the same engine/trans and would require the same swap kit.

trxwannbe
04-22-2008, 05:40 PM
my question is why would you swap a neon srt-4 motor into a neon????

NJ450rider
04-22-2008, 05:55 PM
lol because for 1 to 3000 dollars at most you can go from a 15/16 sec car to a low to mid 12 sec car.

Knowing what i know now i wish i swapped an srt4 engine into the 1st gen neon i had instead of buying an srt4. i would of saved 20,000 dollars and had a car that was 2 seconds faster in the 1/4 mile stock for stock.

And the mid 12 times is a STOCK srt4 engine in a 1st gen neon. Once you mod them its easy to go high 10's. you cant do that with any import for that lil amount of money.

IF he really wants to save money he can get all the all motor bolt ons just like a neon.

ecu, cams, intake, longtube header, exhaust, turbokits, etc.

Hes got options if hes willing to spend the $$$$$

L0w3r55
04-22-2008, 06:38 PM
i know for sure i want to put a cold air intake into it, and some sort of exhaust. Also, btw its an automatic. also for the most part i can take parts of a stratus right? i mean they're basically the same except the motor is slightly larger.

04-22-2008, 07:29 PM
:ermm: exhuast and intake on a breeze...is really really ricey IMO

muddy400EX
04-22-2008, 07:59 PM
just swap in a lingenfelter twin turbo 427 and youll be good:D

Benjithx
04-22-2008, 08:03 PM
Honestly, Save your money.

toomeyshee87
04-22-2008, 08:10 PM
i would probably just drive it the way it is and get something else to mod.

if you do get another car to mod get a rwd. modding fwd cars is dumb. can you say torque steer?

mineralgrey01gt
04-22-2008, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by NJ450rider
I had an all motor plymouth neon that did 14 flats on street tires. Im sure it would have done high 13's on slicks. Of course i had every mod you could think of but cams and pistons. It was also gutted to just sheet metal inside.

The engine in your car is the same engine thats in a neon. Is it a 2.0L sohc or dohc? Is it an automatic or manual?

If you really want to shock tons of people and turn heads i would save my money for either a Hahn Racecraft turbo kit or find an SRT4 engine/wiring harness out of a junkyard.

The SRT4 engine would be the most fun. Swapping one in a 1st gen neon itll run 12's on street tires. Im sure in a cloud car it would be low 13's

Nemo racing makes a kit to swap an srt4 engine into a 1st gen neon. Lucky you its the same engine/trans and would require the same swap kit.

ok hold up, you mean the 1st gen neons are THAT much lighter than the srt4's? Man to lose 1 full second on the ET with just a stock motor swap is a TON quicker. Do you have any proof? Im not calling bs or anything but id like to see one done and have time slips to prove

NJ450rider
04-23-2008, 03:38 AM
the cirrus, stratus and breeze(cloud cars) are all one in the same. You could get them with a 4cylinder or v6 engine. The 4 cylinder motor just happens to be the same engine that is in the neon as well. Hmm im willing to bet than you have the dohc auto trans combo. unfortunatly that is the slowest engine/trans combo out of the 4 offered in your car or a neon. Id have to say put on a turbo kit, srt4 engine swap it or honestly leave it alone performance wise. your better off just making it look nice.

NJ450rider
04-23-2008, 03:46 AM
i weighed both my neons on a scale at work. It is for weighing garbage trucks and is accurate within 1/2 lb. heres both cars:

97 acr neon coupe: 2400 lbs (miatas are 2200 lbs!)

05 srt4 acr sedan: 3000 lbs(friggin pig!)

so yes 600 lbs lighter equals 2 seconds off a 1/4 mile et at the least. remember your puttin in an engine with double the power of a regular neon engine.

I have a friend that put an srt4 engine in a 1st gen neon for fun. He has two mustangs(ones a cobra) that he drives regularly. He did this because he got the neon for 200 bucks and the srt4 engine/harness for like 1500 i think. Any ways 1st pass down the strip with tiny stock 14inch rims and badly slipping clutch the car went 12.5 at 126.

The best pass in my srt4 was 13.9 at 102 when it was stock.

The srt4 engine in a 1st gen neon swap is the best bang for your buck period. you cant get this kind of performance for so lil money in any other sport compact car.

trxwannbe
04-23-2008, 05:43 AM
and then you realized that i could pick up a turboed b18c1 for the same as that pos dodge motor and drop it in whatever i have layin around such as the 63 falcon sittin in my garge with all fiberglass body and only a driver seat and dash in the interior and make you look bad on the strip. or better yet i could pick up an eg hatch with upgraded trans and a turbo exhaust and what not on it for about 1000 more than you'll be paying for that motor.

NJ450rider
04-23-2008, 05:12 PM
dont forget axles, slicks, rims for slicks, long wheel studs, tons of head gaskets, and ton of input shafts and gears for all the times you tear it up after each pass. Ive been around sport compact cars for 10 years. i know how turbo'd honda cars hold up.

You can get to 450+ whp with an srt4 engine and itll still be reliable. no blown head gaskets or blown trannys

450+ whp will get you at the least low 11's in an srt4. What do you think its going to do in a car that is 600lbs lighter?

There are 10 sec srt4's and 9 sec neons that are street legal around. Quite a few actually.

FHKracingZ
04-23-2008, 06:16 PM
I weight my 04 srt4 on a car weight with a box with 2 10 inch subs and it was 2790..

BLU82
04-23-2008, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by trxwannbe
and then you realized that i could pick up a turboed b18c1 for the same as that pos dodge motor and drop it in whatever i have layin around such as the 63 falcon sittin in my garge with all fiberglass body and only a driver seat and dash in the interior and make you look bad on the strip. or better yet i could pick up an eg hatch with upgraded trans and a turbo exhaust and what not on it for about 1000 more than you'll be paying for that motor. You want to put a Honda 4 cyl. in a 63 Falcon?!?:huh What ever floats your boat I guess.

trxwannbe
04-23-2008, 08:23 PM
haha not what its gonna see it'll most likely end up with a 2.3 in it because i can still make that fun to drive and keep some cash in my pocket when i go to the gas station.

Kickstarts-suck
04-23-2008, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Nick110

He said performance not rice stuff. I would get intake, cams, reprogram the computer.

lmao! I was thinking the same when I saw "body kit"

:p

04-23-2008, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
lmao! I was thinking the same when I saw "body kit"

:p

Um if I’m not mistaken he said power and looks. Trying to get power out of that car is not worth it. Best thing to do is change intake and maybe change the muffler with a fart can. Probably wouldn’t feel any extra power but throttle response might be better and it would have a better sound. Putting much money into the engine is not worth it. Best thing for the engine would be to turbo it which can get expensive.

For 1000 I would just keep the $1000 and sell that car and buy a older sports car. RX7, eclipse, exce...

mineralgrey01gt
04-23-2008, 11:16 PM
I never knew that about the neons, interesting info, but i dont think 600lbs will drop 2 seconds. Ive heard and experienced myself that every 100lbs is .1 off your E.T. I could be wrong but if it was that easy, id just take out 600lbs out of my car (not that hard to do) and run mid 11's all day long with just exhaust and a tuner

04-24-2008, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by mineralgrey01gt
I never knew that about the neons, interesting info, but i dont think 600lbs will drop 2 seconds. Ive heard and experienced myself that every 100lbs is .1 off your E.T. I could be wrong but if it was that easy, id just take out 600lbs out of my car (not that hard to do) and run mid 11's all day long with just exhaust and a tuner

My eclipse lost over 100 pounds. No rear seat, Rim/tire combo much lighter than stock, no front or back (real) bumpers, Body kit is a lighter than stock, steering wheel is 2-3 lbs lighter, air box removed, the full race exhaust was WAY lighter than the stock system, front lights where lighter, and some other minor things where removed. I didn’t remove any of it hoping to be faster it was just all stuff I changed or removed and noticed the amount of weight it was.

NJ450rider
04-24-2008, 04:10 AM
Sport compact cars are different. Every 100 lbs is for muscle cars. Its more like every 60 to 70 lbs.

And im talking the car plus the engine swap.

Just remember 600lb lighter car plus an engine that is about 120/140hp more right out of the box.(also like 160 more ftlbs of torque) losing 2 seconds in 1/4 times arent that hard to fathem.

I think its 05 srt4's are the heaviest ones. It says right on the door of my car for weight 2970 lbs. And on a scale its 3000. I dont know if the Kicker audio package adds a couple hundred pounds but i doubt it. I wish they made the ACR srt's the right way. No power or luxury anything and just a performance car. Thats what the older acr neons were about.

Id love to gut my srt4 acr and strip out all the power stuff but its worth 25,000 right now. thats more than what i paid for it. Who knows if the value is gonna go up!!

Iliketogofast
04-24-2008, 10:14 AM
Save your money. I've been down this road with a V6 Mustang. I wasted close to 1500 bucks before I decided it was a waste and sold it.

No matter how much money you put into it, it will still be a regular old car with a neon motor. There's nothing wrong with the car, but it's just not meant to go fast.

If you want something fast sell it and get a cheap import.

L0w3r55
04-24-2008, 01:39 PM
yeah, the car doesnt bug me really at all, its not like i wanna be in the fast and furious otherwise i never would have gotten this car. besides why whould i spend so much money on my car when i like riding my quad wayy more? i just wanted to make it a little cooler. i've gotta do something i hate driving cars trucks are my calling but i cant afforn the damn things

400ex28
04-24-2008, 01:48 PM
Save your money and leave the car alone.

04-24-2008, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by L0w3r55
yeah, the car doesnt bug me really at all, its not like i wanna be in the fast and furious otherwise i never would have gotten this car. besides why whould i spend so much money on my car when i like riding my quad wayy more? i just wanted to make it a little cooler. i've gotta do something i hate driving cars trucks are my calling but i cant afforn the damn things

S10's dont cost much.

NJ450rider
04-24-2008, 03:49 PM
If you wanna make it look better without being "ricey" you gotta give it the "Touring" look. just look up a dodge stratus touring race car. The stratus was dodges car that they used for the touring cup races back in the mid 90's. You can give it that "touring" race car look and itll be sweet. Its just a front lip, nice "touring" style wheels and a "touring" style spoiler. Gonna have to lower it also.

Like this but regular touring spolier not that ugly thing!

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/841000-841999/841304_711_full.jpg

Iliketogofast
04-24-2008, 06:02 PM
If you want to make it look cooler and it be a little nicer of a ride, I'd go with bigger wheels and lowering. Make sure the wheels and tires fill the wheel wells.

It would make it look a lot nicer.

L0w3r55
04-25-2008, 07:54 PM
does anyone know of a company or a website that sells cool headlights and taillights for my breeze?

04-25-2008, 10:22 PM
check ebay. they might.

04-25-2008, 10:51 PM
oh god. Do you not get the hints? Doing that ricey stuff (headlights, intake, exhuast) will NOT make your car cooler. You'll turn heads, but people will just laugh.

Save.

Your.

Money.

04-26-2008, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
oh god. Do you not get the hints? Doing that ricey stuff (headlights, intake, exhuast) will NOT make your car cooler. You'll turn heads, but people will just laugh.

Save.

Your.

Money.

IT WILL MAKE IT COOLER! "Most"people think 95% of cars that look fast (so called rice) are cool as hell!!! Look at tuners. They look the same as rice cars sept for having a fast engine. You see, people confuse rice with tuner. Rice is cars that try to look fast but fail by putting a body kit on with no paint, fake side exhausts, fake gas caps, V8 sitckers, chrome hub caps, race stickers on stock civics and such. Thats rice! A body kit or spoiler is not rice. Rice is when you fail. Now dAYS people think if your car looks fast its rice. People think you have to keep your car looking stock with a "slow" 300hp engine (which most and only "idiots" call fast) to not be considered rice. For one it dont matter if you have a 1000hp or 150hp car. If you try to go fast on roads you are a ricer and 100% rice. Racing is done on a track ricing is done on road.

Cars with body kits and rims is not rice but people are so confused and what not they think any mod to make a car look better is rice now. Most people think if you add rims or a body kit that your a ricer. For #1 a ricer is some one that puts a fart can and/ or body kit on a car and tries to drive fast and race people. Thats a ricer. People that think a car gets much faster after a body kit or fart can is a ricer. I mod my car and drive it as a "normal car".

416exfreak
04-26-2008, 06:01 AM
If I saw a breeze with rims, and spoilers and such...I would roll on the ground laughing. Thats the most pointless thing I have ever seen.

If you really wanna car to mod and get good mileage, then sell your breeze and buy an older neon, and do the engine swap. It really does make that big of a difference. That would be some what inexpesive, and it would be capable of going faster than your breeze ever would have.

Nick110
04-26-2008, 09:26 AM
IT WILL MAKE IT COOLER! "Most"people think 95% of cars that look fast (so called rice) are cool as hell!!! Look at tuners. They look the same as rice cars sept for having a fast engine. You see, people confuse rice with tuner. Rice is cars that try to look fast but fail by putting a body kit on with no paint, fake side exhausts, fake gas caps, V8 sitckers, chrome hub caps, race stickers on stock civics and such. Thats rice! A body kit or spoiler is not rice. Rice is when you fail. Now dAYS people think if your car looks fast its rice. People think you have to keep your car looking stock with a "slow" 300hp engine (which most and only "idiots" call fast) to not be considered rice. For one it dont matter if you have a 1000hp or 150hp car. If you try to go fast on roads you are a ricer and 100% rice. Racing is done on a track ricing is done on road.

Cars with body kits and rims is not rice but people are so confused and what not they think any mod to make a car look better is rice now. Most people think if you add rims or a body kit that your a ricer. For #1 a ricer is some one that puts a fart can and/ or body kit on a car and tries to drive fast and race people. Thats a ricer. People that think a car gets much faster after a body kit or fart can is a ricer. I mod my car and drive it as a "normal car".

hahahahahahahahaahahahahhahahahaahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Dude open your eyes!!!!! You have a ricer. You are a classic example of everything that a ricer is. By putting a body kit on, gay lights, fart can , and huge wing you "think" you are cooler. There is no way that 95% of the people think ricers are cool. It is more like 95% of the people think you are gay and have no friends.

PS- your car is the epitome of rice.

underpowered
04-26-2008, 09:35 AM

Bwaahahahahahahasha

that has got to be some of the funniest stuffi have read in long time.

If 95% of people thought it was cooler, then how come 95% of people in this thread are saying it is not cooler?

your car is RICE! Tuners are RICE. so what you are saying, all it takes to turn rice into a tuner is for them to finish thier cars by painting them and such? well guess what bud, it is still RICE even it is it all painted up. i love the comment about "add a fart can and it will sound better" unclog your ears, with a fart can it will sound like a pissed off bumble bee.

to the OP. you car is a commuter car. never made to look cool or go fast. if you want that, sell it and buy something worth modding, otherwise leave it alone and dump the cash into your quad.

yam450_53
04-26-2008, 09:47 AM
this thread is hilarious... bajaracer21, you've got to be the dumbest ***** on earth, everything you said is straight up ridiculous, unless you're a ricer of course. I recommend you don't bother replying to this thread anymore, because that would just be even more humiliating for you, I seriously feel bad for you reading your replies :(

oh and to the thread starter, KEEP YOUR MONEY do not waste it on ridiculous lights and fart cans and body kits, IT WILL NOT LOOK COOLER !!!! PERIOD. This thread should be locked

04-26-2008, 05:25 PM

lol wow dude. You own a riced out eclipse. Body kit and such. Rule of thumb is, you make it go fast, before you make it look like its fast, kinda like yours... My friend has a eclipse too.....but he's pushing 850hp, and hell he doesn't even have a body kit or wing.

If I saw a breeze with rims, and spoilers and such...I would roll on the ground laughing. Thats the most pointless thing I have ever seen.

See. I rest my case.