PDA

View Full Version : Dairyland car insurance sucks!

450raider
04-21-2008, 08:55 PM
ok i know i post alot about what i think sucks on here but this is a new low of lows and i sincerly mean this when i say :cuss: you dairyland!! let me explain,

a little over a year ago some drunk old skank (like 40 something) crashed into my new (to me) car and my moms brand new truck, in our driveway while we were sleeping at 3 in the morning! ok the cop that came out could tell "it" was apparently drunk and did nothing about it, and sent it home after the tow people pryed that stupid van outta my cars, now the retarded b**** didnt have insurance so our sorry dairyland people said they would "sue the idiot for us and get our money" sounds good right...WRONG instead we paid $700 worth of deductables and my car gets totaled (which means its gone) and the new truck gets fixed (but its still not the same) and this crazy (cringing) person skips town , court does nothing, and today my mom got a letter from dairyland saying our prices are going up because they/collections cant collect from that thing....well f*** that and f*** dairyland now it looks like well have to sue on our own to get deductable + value of car when all of this shoulda been done a year ago and i know had that been me i woulda done been hung by now, i am so damn over the government protecting lowlifes, so far as i know this person has done like a week in jail (for drug related stuff) and hasnt paid anything toward the wreck.

so needless to say we are dropping them, and i encourage whoever has it to do the same before you learn the hard way.

chris46250r
04-21-2008, 09:06 PM
That seems to be the way most insurance having, law abiding, job having people get treated these days. We were having a discussion the other day at work about random drug testing. One guy said it would only be fair since we the working people are subject to drug tests to keep our job and pay taxes to put money in the hands of non working people that they should have to take a drug test when they go pick up thier check. Long story short, we have to be drug free to make it they should be drug free to take it.

250rAL
04-22-2008, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by chris46250r
That seems to be the way most insurance having, law abiding, job having people get treated these days. We were having a discussion the other day at work about random drug testing. One guy said it would only be fair since we the working people are subject to drug tests to keep our job and pay taxes to put money in the hands of non working people that they should have to take a drug test when they go pick up thier check. Long story short, we have to be drug free to make it they should be drug free to take it.

Very good point! That could just bring the government out of the red.

450raider
04-22-2008, 07:52 AM
what, this wasnt a economy bashing thread (its got enouigh problems on its own) heres a summary of what im pointing out- we have sh**** dairyland car insurance, crazy drunk slams into $30,000 worth of vehicle in my driveway, crazy drunk threaten to stab me but it doesnt matter thats just enough to pi** me off, but still COPS DO NOTHING, we paid $700 deductables outta pocket, this has been over a year and crazy drunk is still free and has paid nothing so insurance is charging us for it, we have to sue crazy drunk on our own because dairyland basically abandoned us which is gonna cost more money and is inconvinient,

im simply encouraging whoever has dairyland insurance or whoever is thinking of getting it to drop em before you get hit and it doesnt matter if you wasnt in your car, in bed, or how methed up, or drunk the other person is, itll still be your fault because your the one with money..

derekhonda
04-22-2008, 09:21 AM
If she was really drunk why didn't you guys insist the cops take her to jail and get it documented?

Also, if the other person is insured it sucks, so I have insurance on the uninsured, didn't even know I could get it until this year. But for like 45 bucks a year you can take out uninsured insurance so that if you get his by someone without insurance you are still covered.

I've never even heard of dairlyland until this thread, is it local?

450raider
04-22-2008, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda
If she was really drunk why didn't you guys insist the cops take her to jail and get it documented?

I've never even heard of dairlyland until this thread, is it local?

ill be straight with ya, the person said they were out that late "going to the hospital", so the dumba** cop called for an ambulance but when they showed up the nutjob refused it. the whole time we were sreaming breathalizer or search the van for meth or anything but the cop (much like insurance) did nothing.

and we found it on progressive and its some sh**hole place in WI, next i think were gonna go with allstate or somethin. a REAL place

dustin_j
04-22-2008, 11:40 AM
It's just proof that many/most insurance companies are only out to make a buck and care very little about helping the people who pay them.

383ysi
04-22-2008, 02:32 PM
it won't do any good to sue the guy if he doesn't have anything, because you won't get anything. So be thankful that you had insurance to fix your cars

450raider
04-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by 383ysi
it won't do any good to sue the guy if he doesn't have anything, because you won't get anything. So be thankful that you had insurance to fix your cars

thats just it insurance did nothing, the brand new truck costed 11,000 to get fixed and they did that, but the car i had was totaled and worth around 9,000 and they did nothing about it and it was a 700 deductable just to get the shop to look at em, and that $9700 wasnt any easier for me to get than it is anyone else so yeah im gonna go to court and demand either my 9700 (and get a ds or ktm :D) or 12 hrs. of immunity (and save us all some perfectly good air thats being wasted)

im done, im just sayin dairyland insurance are professional crooks plain and simple, and nothing would really tickle me more than alot of people seeing this and switch and they get closed down....and people start dishing out vigilante justice when they get sick of the gov. protecting lowlife socialpaths.

400exrider707
04-22-2008, 07:54 PM
One thing New York did right... everyone driving a car here has to have insurance.

chris46250r
04-22-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
One thing New York did right... everyone driving a car here has to have insurance.

Alot of states are that way but that dont mean people has it. I know quite a few people that goes and gets a months worth of insurance to get tags or renew or whatever they need done at the clerks office.