PDA

View Full Version : 450r vs lt 450 suspension

accorracer
04-21-2008, 08:51 PM
went riding this weekend and was somewhat disapointed in my suspension. i have compression, rebound and preload all set as soft as possible, and i was pretty happy with it (lots of roots in the trails where we ride). until i rode a buddys lt 450, his suspension was so much better riding than mine, much softer, my fatigue was way down, now i know the bike is a bit wider but i thought our shocks would be pretty comprable. now i love my honda and i'm keeping it. i'm just wondering if there is something i could do besides buy elka's or something, to get my 450r to feel like his lt450

if it matters i weigh 170lbs

04'400ex'er
04-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by accorracer
went riding this weekend and was somewhat disapointed in my suspension. i have compression, rebound and preload all set as soft as possible, and i was pretty happy with it (lots of roots in the trails where we ride). until i rode a buddys lt 450, his suspension was so much better riding than mine, much softer, my fatigue was way down, now i know the bike is a bit wider but i thought our shocks would be pretty comprable. now i love my honda and i'm keeping it. i'm just wondering if there is something i could do besides buy elka's or something, to get my 450r to feel like his lt450

if it matters i weigh 170lbs Send your stock shocks off and have them re-valved and re-sprung. also, you could buy a set of +2 std. travel a arms to go with it.

Im not sure what the Suzuki costs, but I'm more than willing to bet that you pay the extra price for all of that when you buy one of them as opposed to the Honda.

accorracer
04-22-2008, 06:07 PM
can't go extended the trails i ride are much to narrow

i just find it hard to belive the shocks are that musch better on the suzk

after having the shock revalved and sprung it seems like you could probably have bought some elka's or something for near the same price

bluebaron
04-24-2008, 06:26 PM
Something most people don't realize is that elkas basically suck. Just because they have a very popular name doesn't make them a good shock, their valving needs some work.

A stock 450 shock revalved by GTT or Derisi or somewhere else will perform better than elka

maddmatt02
04-24-2008, 10:32 PM
if you cant go wider in those trails, how does the suzuki make it through, isnt it a few inches wider than the honda stock

accorracer
04-25-2008, 10:50 PM
the suzk actually sucks in our trails for the most part because it is so wide, but in the spots where it fits, the suspension is amazing

04-26-2008, 07:05 AM
yeah suzuki on the trails wont fit unless you are on main wider trails which are normally filled with whoop from so many goons riding them.

iiidreamiii
04-28-2008, 11:25 AM
Yeah I feel the same way you do! I own a 450R and just started trail riding and the suspension will beat you to death. (we have alot of roots here too). That and the bumpsteer. I have a ATC350X and the suspension on it is like a cadillac. I'm dissapointed at the stock suspension on the trx450s. :(