PDA

View Full Version : Riding boots

cliff400ex
04-21-2008, 06:05 PM
Dammit.... I guess I am going to break down and buy some proper riding boots instead of just using my work boots. I would like to find a set of the 50/50 boots or pit bike boots. Does anyone ride with these type or the traditional boots? Any suggestions? Also, where is the cheapest place to buy?? I called Curtis Sparks today and ordered my timing key. Looking forward to the install this weekend.:tired:

trx400EXtreme
04-21-2008, 06:08 PM
i love my shift kombats!!! they are VERY comfortable once you break them in. plus they are only $99. most good boots are around $300. i HIGHLY reccomend them.

hungus07trx400
04-21-2008, 06:19 PM
I went to the open practice Jolly Rogers in NH sunday and wore actual Motocross boots for the first time in 10 years, since I rode bikes. Alpinestars tech5. I bought them when I was 14, rode for one season and put them away. I couldn't believe I even found them, let alone wore them. I guess my feet didnt grow too much since I was 14. I did have to adjust the shift lever though, I forgot the angle of your legs are a little different on a quad :p

REPOMAN
04-21-2008, 06:22 PM
i had some 50/50 boots and wore them once. very uncomfortable. no ankle protection. i bought some alpinestars tech 3 boots and love them. i have since had no less than 10 friends buy them and they all love them

bearair
04-21-2008, 06:57 PM
We just got 2 pairs of Alpinestar Tech 5's and what a difference THAT made. I had an old set of MSR's that I rode with for a couple weeks and then my wife offered to buy me a pair of Alpinestars after she'd ridden with hers for a few days. My feet are much happier.

kodymx13
04-21-2008, 08:02 PM
now im a racer and ive wore alot of boots. you get what you pay for. ive had astar tech-6s, tech8s "still have for 4 years now" the beriks "trash" and now i have gaerne sg10s. best boot ever wore. i stole a brand new set off ebay. but ive wore my buddies astar tech 5s and 7s. very nice and not that pricey.

good deals and fast FREE shipping. motosport.com

brokenmike
04-21-2008, 08:46 PM
I have a pair of Thor 50/50 boots and I love them. They are so comfortable I some times forget they are on after I go riding.They are almost like work boots but with more ankle protection. I also have a pair of Berik boots and I hate them. I can't move in them. I can't shift or hit the brake with them at all...I also have a titanium rod and 4 screws in my leg and the full size boots hurt so bad I can't use them.