PDA

View Full Version : street bike question? need help!!

81 clark racing
04-21-2008, 05:17 PM
so heres the deal i picked up a 05 cbr 1000rr with 3,000 miles with a full pipe for $ 6,000 not bad right? heres the problem ive been told that seeing how it has a full pipe i need a power comander ive also been told i dont? so does anyone no for sure im NOT LOOKING for more power im looking for realibilty. i was told if i dont do it its going to run to lean and blow up...thats what im worried about thanxs alot steve

Snowskidr
04-21-2008, 07:07 PM
i know with alot of the sportbikes you can just get them re-mapped and don't need a power comander. i bought an 04 gsxr 750 and put an exhaust with no pc on it. my friend is the service mgr at a local shop and he just hooked it up to a computer and re-mapped it. any kind of idling or hesitation problem was gone. as for your bike eventually blowing up, i wouldn't worry too much about that. there are other minor things that could happen before it gets that bad. i would call your local shop or stop buy and talk to a mechanic. they usually give you a more honest answer than the service people. good luck and enjoy your new ride!:D