PDA

View Full Version : 07 vs. 08

JRP
04-21-2008, 11:11 AM
how big are the differences in each? Im going to be buying an 08 soon, but just thought I woudl ask.

LTR450_#67
04-21-2008, 11:41 AM
Updates to the '08 from previous.....

Now has anti-vibe stem
suspension is softer (it was a tad harsh in front on the previous years if you were a lighter person say like sub 200lbs)
Revised cams and throttle body for more low end (Throttle body is now 42mm instead of 43mm)
Now comes with stock gripper seat
Has 14-37 spocket gearing instead of 14-36
Stock rear tires are an actual 18inch tire instead of 17-1/2 and they also got a slightly different tread pattern.
The tranny got a few changes and shifts a lil smoother now.
You'll still need the shift pin mod and when you do get the one from Hinson or Cernics. The billet aluminum ones for some reason don't work in the '08s...Heard that from Mike Walker of ATP Racing (Media Allstars builder)
Shocks are Kashima coated to help keep them from fading.
The exhaust is slightly different.
It's got what some call traction control but I just got my '08 and I can't really tell all that much of what it does.

Kyle at Cernics can help pretty much with any thing you need....it's what he rides and deals with most.

Aaron

JRP
04-21-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by LTR450_#67
Updates to the '08 from previous.....

Now has anti-vibe stem
suspension is softer (it was a tad harsh in front on the previous years if you were a lighter person say like sub 200lbs)
Revised cams and throttle body for more low end (Throttle body is now 42mm instead of 43mm)
Now comes with stock gripper seat
Has 14-37 spocket gearing instead of 14-36
Stock rear tires are an actual 18inch tire instead of 17-1/2 and they also got a slightly different tread pattern.
The tranny got a few changes and shifts a lil smoother now.
You'll still need the shift pin mod and when you do get the one from Hinson or Cernics. The billet aluminum ones for some reason don't work in the '08s...Heard that from Mike Walker of ATP Racing (Media Allstars builder)
Shocks are Kashima coated to help keep them from fading.
The exhaust is slightly different.
It's got what some call traction control but I just got my '08 and I can't really tell all that much of what it does.

Kyle at Cernics can help pretty much with any thing you need....it's what he rides and deals with most.

Aaron

thanks man, that helped alot. Yea i havent suprised kyle with the news yet, lol, im sure he will be happy i switched.

04-28-2008, 05:07 PM
Does anyone know if there are still tranny problems in the 08 ltr that people said to have had in the 06 and 07? I am also looking at a ltr but will hold off until 09 to see what some other brands come out with first and to get a season in on the honda.