PDA

View Full Version : Girl Beginner Looking for Riding Buddies - Somerset PA Area

auntpooh
04-21-2008, 07:11 AM
I'm a 29 year old woman just beginning to ride. I live in Somerset, PA. I have a 250x with a 350x motor, bored .20 over... I love it, but I don't have much experience on it.

I'm trying to get in as much as experience in as possible, but nothing too crazy to start with...

I'm just looking to have some fun and find some people that I may be able to ride with.

I'm hoping to put a few races in before the end of the summer, but before then I wanna get some more riding in...

Right now my biggest problem is that it is a witch to start, I can't kick it worth a darn, and some of my guy friends have trouble too. Me, I've got a bad knee, and don't want to destroy it.

I am buying an electric starter from Goki Mfg. later this month, so that will help.

anyone interested, let me know...

Thanx

dan harris
04-27-2008, 07:41 PM
Welcome to a great sport! Somerset isn't very far from Breezewood PA. The Proving Grounds is a great place to meet other riders and racers. We even have a great turnout of women quad riders including Kelly Winters one of our sponsored riders. Check out our website and make sure you say hello if you come on out. I'm sure you'll be glad you did. www.breezewoodprovinggrounds.com

Jackie
04-29-2008, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by auntpooh
I'm a 29 year old woman just beginning to ride. I live in Somerset, PA. I have a 250x with a 350x motor, bored .20 over... I love it, but I don't have much experience on it.

I'm trying to get in as much as experience in as possible, but nothing too crazy to start with...

I'm just looking to have some fun and find some people that I may be able to ride with.

I'm hoping to put a few races in before the end of the summer, but before then I wanna get some more riding in...

Right now my biggest problem is that it is a witch to start, I can't kick it worth a darn, and some of my guy friends have trouble too. Me, I've got a bad knee, and don't want to destroy it.

I am buying an electric starter from Goki Mfg. later this month, so that will help.

anyone interested, let me know...

Thanx

wellcome, race? what kind? I belong to Tri-County ATV its a nice place to ride trails and now have a MX track, it is well worth the 95 bucks to join and ride 24/7. pm if intrested in riding with a normal group of riders. there are a whole lot of horn dogs on this site. watch out!!
ride safe
play safe

FMF450R
04-29-2008, 03:26 PM
CAN YOU ATTACH A PIC?? :devil:

LT250_JOE
04-29-2008, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Jackie
wellcome, race? what kind? I belong to Tri-County ATV its a nice place to ride trails and now have a MX track, it is well worth the 95 bucks to join and ride 24/7.

How close is tri county to phila area?

Jackie
04-29-2008, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by LT250_JOE
How close is tri county to phila area?

google says from downtown philly 266 miles. Tri-county is just north of a little spec of a town called Heilwood.
http://www.tricountyatv.com/

auntpooh
05-05-2008, 08:43 AM
Thanx for the info Dan and Jackie... I am going to look into both of these.

As for racing, I'd like to start out with flat track. There is a track in Stoystown, PA, where some of my friends race. Friday nights, May thru September... I believe they start May 16th this year, but I have a lot of modifications I need to make and need more riding time before I race, but I am definitely going to try.

I am well aware of the horn dogs on here, ran into one when I bought some parts off of him, but I didn't play into his game.

As for attaching a pic, Mr. FMF450r, I'm strictly looking for people to RIDE MY QUAD with and nothing else...

If I meet someone to go riding with, I will be bringing some of my other riding buddies at first until I get to know the people... No offense to the nice ones out there, but better to be safe than sorry...

automated11
05-06-2008, 12:23 PM
I live in houston, Pa not too far away. I was just riding in donegal on sunday at the indian creek atv association open house. Anyway their next one is June 8th there are a ton of nice people to ride with there and would be a great place to find others to ride with in the area. + is only $70 a year to ride on their 14+ miles of trails that are expanding. Also if you want to venture my way. I will be hitting up Wellsville on weekends, The trails are about 1hr away from houston. That puts them at about 2hrs away from you BUT they are some of the best trails around (Tons of stuff that you dont want to attempt but its fun watching others try LOL) anyway shoot me a pm if you ever want to head out. BTW Im 28 and my wife is 27

RoadRage77
05-11-2008, 02:56 PM
OH DAMN>. she called us all horn dogs... BARK BARK ...Good girl, now sit.....