PDA

View Full Version : quad bogs with air box lid on

silenpro
04-21-2008, 06:17 AM
now that the weather changed the quad stater to bog like crazy.
hmf slip on, k&n with lid on. i cant remember the jet size. as soon as you give it gas it bogs down really bad. i took the air lid off and air fuel screw at 1/2 turn and the quad pulls like crazy. it runs great. i want to run a lid due to going threw lots of water. my question is with the lid am i running to rich? i need to go down on my main and pilot? any info would help. thanks

kawi_rider_97
05-06-2008, 08:06 PM
If you really want to sacrifice power you can go down on the main jet. but the only way you really need the lid is when you submerge the whole thing. but if your doin that then youll have other problems to lol. So if I were you id just keep the lid off it wont hurt it.

nosliw
05-07-2008, 08:46 AM
jet down. keep the lid on.

the weather is changing (albeit a little slower up here) and more pollen and other floaty-irritate-your-nose stuff is in the air. these things also can irritate your airfilter.

take a ride through an unkept field with a fresh sticky airfilter and no lid, you'll see what i'm talking about.

zracer16
05-08-2008, 08:20 AM
You just need to get an outerwear for your K&N and you will be fine.

sprocket226
05-10-2008, 07:08 AM
My Z does the same exact thing with the lid on. Take the lid off and it runs great. I just figured with the pipe, you're letting more air out, better let more in! I've never had a problem, but have never submerged it either. :) I'd go wth the outerwear too.

yamahawarrior94
05-10-2008, 11:23 PM
if you decide to run it with the lid off make sure you check the spark plug it should be a reddish brown color theres a good chance you will need to rejet with the lid off because your letting 30-40% more air in