PDA

View Full Version : Hole shot tires

frenimy
04-20-2008, 06:43 PM
I am looking to get a good reliable tire and want to know everyones opinions on the holeshot HD tires. How do they ride and how are the compared to the other holeshot tires. I want input from people that have ridden on them and what poeple think of them

badk1dizsik
04-20-2008, 06:57 PM
I have them and I think they are great tires. I'm very happy with mine.

Honda#4
04-21-2008, 07:06 AM
I think there great tires but way to heavy and they grip to the point where your just trying to stay on the quad instead of turning. They'll hold up for along time. Being there a 6ply tire I think they ride a tad ruff and I run hardly no air pressure at all, but for an all around trail rider there a great tire.

reconranger
04-21-2008, 08:01 AM
Over they years, I have tried several different tires and different brands, and I just keep coming back to the Holeshot XC/XCT's....but I ride desert.

I tried the HD's, but didn't like them. The rear end would squirm on hillclimbs. I think the sidewalls were to stiff. It was so bad, that I just gave them away to a buddy, for free! That said, my tire dealer says that the rubber on the HD has been changed twice since I tried them, so they may be better now than they were before (????).

Brandonkendall0
04-21-2008, 10:29 AM
they are alright tires i think. Like reconranger said they are stiff on the side walls. my hole family runs the XC's on the back and razors on the front when riding tracks. I think Holeshot makes great tires just not the HD's. But never the less it is all Personal pefferance. that is the way i see it. try em out and if you dont like by another type (Stay with holeshot they make great tires like i said) its hit and miss in the game of trying to find the right set of tires you like.

blankenship
04-21-2008, 12:39 PM
holeshot hd are a great tire hook up good on all types of terrian.....gravel/mud/rail stone/clay/sand/topsoil....everything i ride in ontario canada on a lot of trails and a few tracks and they are great

Honda#4
04-21-2008, 03:29 PM
The fronts suck in mud though

frenimy
04-21-2008, 09:46 PM
Ok so you guys have convinced me to not get the Holeshot HD's but I would like to get a set of hole shots so what do you recommend I am also looking to get them mounted on a set of t-9 rims so if anyone knows where to get them for a good price that would be greatly appreciated.

CSR400EX
04-21-2008, 10:52 PM
go with Holeshot GNCC's. very good tire

tommyboync
04-22-2008, 01:30 AM
Go to E-bay and look up troyracing Takes about 2-3 weeks for delivery but unbeatable price's. I bought my HD"s From them and they work great but Nor Cal has some tuff terrain.