PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding Brakes

jesseweaver
04-20-2008, 03:47 PM
i searched but didnt find much.... i just put a new brake line on the back and i need to bleed it. how do i do it? i thought i had done it right but still the pedal goes the whole way down and i have absolutly no brakes

jesseweaver
04-20-2008, 03:52 PM
oh yea i dont really want to spend any money on a bleeder or something unless i really have to.

zrpilot
04-20-2008, 04:04 PM
I can't take credit for this, but someone I trust came up with this method and I tried it, works well. Good luck.

#1 Everything has to be angled so no air can get trapped at a high spot!!!!!!!!! – the master cylinder must be angled so the outlet hole is the low point!!!! The caliper must be angled so the bleeder is the high point!!!! Don’t want to take the time to figure this one out – don’t bother to read on.
#2 Now put a 8 foot length of 3/16 inch clear hose on the bleeder and open it 1 turn.
#4 Fill the master cylinder and keep it full!!!!!!!
#5 Now suck on the hose till fluid comes half way up the hose.
#6 Close the bleeder.
#7 Pump the brakes a few times.
#8 Remove the hose.
#9 Open the bleeder and let the final bubbles push out with gravity DO NOT PUMP THE BRAKES WITH THE BLEEDER OPEN-------EVER.
#10 Pump the brakes again and repeat step 8.

REPOMAN
04-20-2008, 05:13 PM
i just replaced all my lines 2 days ago with new lsr steal braided lines. after hours of irritation i went and spent 6.50 on a bleeder kit and it worked in about 30 seconds. spend the money and save your nerves. i have been bleeding brakes for many many years and this was by far the biggest pain in the rear i have ever encountered.