PDA

View Full Version : What do i need?

450rcrazy022692
04-20-2008, 01:43 PM
I am looking to start racing XC. I have a 450r ready to race, but i kinda wanna race the yfz.

Based on what you see what do I need. (big and little things)

So far I came up with:

Handle bars
Lights
Suspension
A arms
Axle
Steering stem

I already have:

Pro Pegs
Rzr2 tires
Hiper Wheels
Exhaust
CDI
Air Filter
Front Hubs

exrider12
04-20-2008, 02:15 PM
new front fenders, , skid plates

450rcrazy022692
04-20-2008, 02:41 PM
Oops i have full skids on it too...

I have a spare set of red fenders but IDK how itll look with the red frame

Honda_Matt
04-20-2008, 06:52 PM
I think those plastics would look good !!!

450rcrazy022692
04-20-2008, 06:54 PM
ill put them on tomorrow and see what they look like, and if they look good ill leave them...if not ill just switch them

Dr89
04-20-2008, 08:21 PM
im gonna have to say save yourself the trouble and either keep the white plastics on, or buy a set of front whites...those red plastics on that cherry frame are gonna look like chit in my opinion...but like you said it doesnt matter you can take them off.

as for your question...suspension is a big one, your stock a arms and axle should suit you just fine for xc though, unless your uncomfortable with its width, if anything dont go over +1. i would suggest ASR arms, full lifetime guarantee. if they break, send em back and get a brand new set :D loved them on my old kfx lol.

also, its preference again, but your stock CDI might work better for you in the trails if you still have it, those higher revs will throw a pretty roost but might alter your ability to really hook up well. definately get a 12 tooth sprocket for the front!

and theres a thumb throttle mod you can do using the 400ex throttle assembly, the yfz's is pretty stiff. i'd look into that for sure, could be a life saver in some of those long hauls.

some people will tell you to lose the nerfs because they just get hung up on things, but i know i'd never hit the trails without mine if i didn't have to...great protection.

and lastly get some handguards. all i can think of right now.

Dr89
04-20-2008, 08:22 PM
oh yea and if your not afraid to spend some money maybe check out some of the higher dollar steering stabilizers...