PDA

View Full Version : Gaskets?

Cannon
11-25-2002, 06:50 PM
Planning on adding a higher compression piston and hot cam stage 2 to my 400EX. Will the gaskets need to be stock or of a different material than stock? Are there better choices than stock gaskets to use when you put it back together? I am not doing it myself, just want to have everything needed when I have it done. You all never have steered me wrong yet.

I'm feeling alot better, finished my treatments for the cancer I had and more than ready to get back to normal.
Thank you all for the nice notes, they ment alot to me while getting thru this. Thinking about what I wanted to do to my quad and reading this forum sure helped too.

Thanks

swamprider7
11-25-2002, 09:12 PM
Cometic gaskets are supposed to be good. I use them on my warrior with no problems. Stock honda would probably work just fine though. Just make sure you torque your headbolts.

Extremeracer167
11-26-2002, 09:45 AM
I would stay away from stock gaskets if your going high compression. Ide get a Cometic gasket kit with a STAINLESS STEEL head gasket. THose hold up the best. Dont get a paper head gasket to run in a high compression engine.

PS. Great to hear that your hangin in there!!