PDA

View Full Version : 400 ex lubrication problems.

Tommydp
04-20-2008, 08:20 AM
Here is my story, I bought a 400 ex in serious need of attention, I have now replaced the piston and rings, replaced the head with a used head, and replace the valve cover with a good used one, The problem i now have is this. The machine starts and runs like a champ, I am just not getting any oil on the cam chain side of the top end, it is causing a tap noise. I have since pulled the side cover and cleaned out any miscelaneous junk and gunk, still i am not getting oils to the top. I am preparing to change the plunger and spring under the cam now, does anyone know what would cause this? Any ideas on where I should be looking next?
thanks
Tommy:confused:

Tommydp
04-20-2008, 09:43 AM
Also wanted to add, that i use only honda oil and the oil pump seems functional because it supplys the other side just fine. Any inside information on what im missing here would be appreciated! 'Thanks!

m36indiana
04-20-2008, 05:36 PM
ck the screen on the bottom of the tank, it could be plugged up

Tommydp
04-23-2008, 07:34 AM
Thanks to all who read this and the one who replied! I appreciate the input. Probably going to sell it or part it out as i cant sink any more money into this thing right now.